Monday, November 30, 2009

Answered Prayers

Oi Familia,

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. As for me, it was just another day. Ha Ha

This week has been a crazy week of ups and downs. This week is Elder Adriano's last week in the mission field. As you can imagine it's been a roller coaster for him. Just all the crazy emotions thinking about home and stuff. So that kinda messed things up for me a little bit too. For example; there were a few days where he said about 5 or 6 words to me and that was it. I got all mad, because when I would ask him something all he would say was; "I need to focus." It just didn't make anything easy, because I didn't want his last week to go on like this. One day it was really bad, I was angry and I didn't want to be with him. All day I was thinking about how I only had 4 more days with him and then that's it. (I was being really negative) That day we had an appointment for a lesson with a really good and promising investigator, who I'm 99% sure I will baptize next week. Anyway, this lesson needed to be good, and really good spiritually. I was thinking... how can we have the Spirit with us when I am being like this, this can't work. So I prayed and I prayed and I prayed. I was working straight on faith that this lesson would be perfect. And what do you know... we got to teaching and the nasty feeling that I had in me went away and we were able to teach. To teach and teach with the Spirit was amazing. To feel that the Lord really answered my prayers and that I know that He is listening to me and He is helping me do His work. Lincoln, the investigator, was so into the lesson too. It was amazing.
Well, in other matters, I saw a dog get ran over this week. It was sad because it didn't just die right away, it was screaming and yelping. I wanted to help it out so bad.
As for Christmas (calling home)a sister in my ward has this thing called Skype. Its like i-chat on the computer. I'm not sure if mac's can have Skype, but you should check it out. All the rules and stuff, because she said that I could use it if I wanted to. (So maybe on Christmas you can see me as well.) I have no clue about it, I just know I can use it if I want. If not I'll have a number for you guys to call on Christmas to just talk to me over the phone.
Well, that's about it for this week.
Love you guys,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA