Oi familia como voces estao, disculpa sobre a semana pasada ue tina problemas com esta site,
Well, what I just said was - sorry about no e-mail last week. I was having problems with this site. I didn't even get to e-mail President Pickett.
Anyway, this week I had my first baptism. Lets just say it was one I'll never forget. I will tell you about it. Yes, it was Ilizete, she has been progressing so well and she finally got baptized. I bought a cake for after the baptism to [make it special] and because its almost Christmas the store wrapped it in red wrapping paper. OK, so now Elder Adriano and I are walking to the church which is about a one hour walk(it's a good 10 to 15 miles). It's about 110 degrees out and 100% humidity, and between me sweating and the humidity the red ink of the bag went all over my pretty nice baptism shirt. But Elder Adriano and I traded shirts for the baptism, ta bom.
Now we are at the church and its time to fill up the font. So I followed all the rules and filled it up, but because it had been raining like crazy the week before, the church's water well was all dirty and the water that filled the font was.....GREEN! I'm talking like lake water, it was horrible. It got to the point where I asked her, "Look, the water's green. Do you still want to be baptized in this water?" I was so lucky, because she said "Yes". Then when we are in the water and I'm about to baptize her, I said the baptism prayer and put her under the water. But I messed up the prayer - I forgot one little word. [Since this is an ordinance of God I needed to do it right] so I had to baptize her again. Ha Ha All in all, it was the day I have been waiting for for a long time. :) It was amazing to hear her testimony afterword. The first thing she said was "Us so grato prĂ¡ mue dois anjos." (I'm grateful for my 2 angels) It's so amazing, I can't describe to you how I felt. That scripture in Doctrine and Covenants is so true.. how great will your joy be if you bring one soul to Christ.. I think that's how it goes.. I just translated it.
[15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!]
I got bit by the bug now. I feel like a new missionary. It's crazy, now I'm ready to go.
The first thing Ilizete said when I knocked her door was, "I already have my religion." And look at her now. She is a member of the true Church :)))) I'm so happy!
Well, other than that this week has been just another week in the book, working hard and seeing results. :) Elder Adriano and I are getting a long great, so nothing to worry about there. :D
For your Christmas presents, what are your shoe sizes in Brazil (don't say "I don't know" you have the Internet use it haha) and sent me a cd walkman that plays mp3 cds
Love you all,
Elder Manis
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Elder Manis
- Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA



No comments:
Post a Comment