Monday, November 2, 2009

Baptism

Hey Guys,
Well, this week has been great.  A lot of hard work is starting to pay off.  Elizete will be baptized this week!!  Finally we are getting results.  Well, I shouldn't say finally but you know what I mean.  Things are going great with her.  She is a little scared about leaving her church but she is really confident in her decision, which is great.  She is really excited to start her genealogy and all that stuff for her family.  Sunday we learned about baptism for the dead and it gave her a bunch of questions and doubts and stuff.  I was freaking out, but everything smoothed out and she is growing in the faith which is amazing to see  But I also saw how powerful Satan is.  The day before the interview of her baptism Elizete had the worst craving for café.  She was getting the shakes and all that stuff.  She looked like she was on drugs.  It was crazy to see how much Satan doesn’t want to see people get baptized.  But she worked through it and everything smoothed out in the end.  So I'm really excited to get a baptism this week :).  Thanks for the prayers.
Well, as for Halloween everything was crazy.  It has been raining here for the past 5 days and by raining - I mean RAINING.  Its like a tropical storm or something.  At times it was hard to walk against the wind because it was so strong.  The little dinky umbrella I had broke in like 5 minutes.  So I wasted all my money on a beach umbrella.  I'm talking like the ones that Nana has in her backyard.  The big huge umbrellas that you have to wind up and down, that weigh like 20 pounds. Ha Ha, yup I has walking around the streets with that, its huge.  I did manage to buy a watermelon that weighed 20 pounds.  It's pretty big, and we made a jack o' lantern out of that.  It worked pretty good.  The Brazilians that I live with were freaking out, but they thought it was cool. Ha, the first jack o' lantern in Brazil. They do have a day for the dead here but its not all crazy like Mexico.  It's today actually [Nov 2].

Its good to hear that everything is going great there.  I'm glad you finally got the pictures. PS - I don’t say the N-word... Elder Hale said it.
Well, everything is going great just working hard.

HAPPY B DAY WYATT!
O grandõna 17 mané sempre faz bem e concivar tua rota.

Te Amo,
Elder Manis
Oops - I need every ones shoe size in Brazil sizes.
Don’t ask why just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA