Hey Guys,
Well, yup I got transferred. I'm now it the city of Campos in Rio de Janeiro. It's pretty cool down here. My area is on the outskirts of the big city and is the smallest of the mission. I have no clue why. Missionaries haven't been in this area for about 6 months. The area is known for making missionaries depressed and making them skinny too. Ha Ha Or you could say the food sucks.
Well, to tell you the truth, I don't see any of that. This is almost the best Christmas present ever. The branch is great, the members leave [church] with you and teach lessons. The branch president has about 160 references for us, so now all we have to do is get to work. Ha Ha It's going to be great. I think we are going to have a lot of success here in this city. President said he was holding this area out for 2 missionaries whom he could trust to work hard day in and day out. So I got a lot of motivation from him. He is the best, I love him.
My new companion is Elder A. Silva from Fortaleza. He is cool, he is really short and stocky and is a hard worker. We have been out for the same amount of time in the mission field, so we are both senior companions. Ha Ha I live with 3 other Brazilians again. :) It's great, I never speak English. It's the best.
Well as for the Christmas phone call. I'll call you a week before Christmas to talk to you all about what's going to happen, what number you will use to talk to me and all that. Sorry guys, no Skype ;(
I gotta go. I have a lot of stuff to do to get this new area on a roll. (haha P-day.. relax, haha ya right, hahah)
Love you guys,
Elder Manis
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Elder Manis
- Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA



No comments:
Post a Comment