Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Moonwalk for the Lord

Well, what can I say, another Christmas has come and gone.
My Christmas was great. It was great to talk to you guys and hear that everything is going great. Thanks to all that sent me a package. I loved them all.
Well 12/26/09 I had another baptism. It was a girl named Samiley. She is 15 and her cousins are members. We had been teaching her and she was progressing so well that we decided to baptize her a week early. She was so nervous to be baptized though. She thought that she would have to change her life and stop listening to Michael Jackson music and all that. ha ha When she said that, I just stood up in the living room and started to bust out my MJ moves, and do the "moonwalk." It was so powerful it just about melted her face off. And I said, "Look, I like Michael Jackson and I'm a member of the true Church of Jesus Cristo, so what do you say lets be baptized?" And she said, "Yes."
So I'd like to thank Rob Haynes and Jason Carpenter and all of their friends for teaching me how to "Moonwalk" when I was little. :) It's funny how people think that baptism will change their life too drastically like they can't play basketball or can't wear jeans and stuff. But it's sad at the same time because there are many churches down here that do this, they don't allow anything. So sometimes just at the word "baptism" people get scared and run away. But I love teaching them about true baptism and how the Church of Jesus Cristo [Christ] has this atoritade [authority] to do this work, I know that this church is true and that only through this Church and atoridade [authority] one can be saved.
Happy New Year to Everyone,
Love,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA