Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Want Letters

It's good to hear that all is going well with you guys. It's good to see that Dad is giving the missionaries some dinner. Man, I would kill for a pizza! In Brazil it's crazy what they do with pizza. THEY THROW STUFF LIKE TUNA FISH AND CHICKEN AND PEAS and corn and stuff on top. It's pretty nasty. But the one thing I have learned to love is pizza with mayo spread on it. That's what they do here. You can get a fatty pizza with some mayo to go on top. It's probably not good for your heart but oh well.

Well, in less than a month it's going to be my birthday. Scary thought that I'll be 21. It's like I'm growing up. Ha ha, scary huh?
This week was a crazy fast week with a lot of zone meetings and divisions. This week I only worked 2 days in my actual area. Zone Conference was sweet, but as usual for Elder Manis, "no letters". Man, I'm getting famous for being known as the forgotten Elder. The the last letter I got was in November. But it's good to know that I should have some letters coming soon.
Well, for the little time that I worked in my area things are going great. We had a good 6 people at church and they are all progressing towards baptism.
I'm still having a little trouble getting over that wall like I was telling you earlier. But I feel like I'm almost over it. It's a little rough, but it's all smiles. :) Me and Elder Araújo are doing great. He could easily be one of my favorite comp's. He is a really hard worker and looks for results in the end and not just baptisms, just as I do. Things are going great between us except he thinks he is a good basketball player. But I destroy him every p-day. haha I destroy him at soccer as well. haha I just say, "Just stick to reading Conference talks on P-day Elder". But he just laughs. We found out who will be the Presidente of the Missão after President Pickett leaves. It will be President Araújo. He isn't related to my Comp' and I don't know much about him, so I guess you guys can look him up when you get the chance.
This week I have been studying Alma. You know what that means. "WAR" man. It's a lot of war, but it's amazing to see how the Nephite generals taught about everything. Everything that could possibly happen and all the little details. It's amazing that through all the trials, they trusted in the Savior that everything would work out. And then everything did work out. It's amazing how the Savior protects the righteous and destroys the wicked, and its amazing to see how the Lord loves perfection. It's cool to see how the generals looked for and sought after the will of God. If we were all like the generals of the Nephite armies, that as Alma says, "Satan would not have power over us."
It's amazing to soak up every moment on my mission. I love my mission and I love how it is helping me be a better son of God. :)
I love you guys and I hope to get some letters soon. :) Love ya :)
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA