Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Make the Days Count

Oi.. Alguma coisa nova? [Hi.. something new?]
I'll start be responding to all the questions you asked. The zone is going great and we are baptising a lot. I think that we are just running around and after these Elders to get them ready. Our investigators are doing great. We have 7 baptisms lined up for the month of March. So they are going great.
This week was a really fun hard working week. To be honest, I didn't really know what we should do. But for some reason I kept thinking about some old investigators(that we had dropped). They kept popping up in my head, so I was like, "What the heck, let's just go visit them." Just to get it off my mind. Well it turns out that the Lord had been preparing them in between the last time that we had seen them. They are the baptisms that we have planned for March. It's funny how the Lord can guide you and you don't really know that your being guided until that you receive a witness or an answer to what you have been looking for. We have all these baptisms lined up, but guess who got transferred? Yup, I did. And I'm going to be training a Brazilian. I don't know him yet, but I'm excited to see what's going to happen.
This is what President wrote:
"As you now know, you will be training a new elder. I am extremely excited to see the two of you as a dupla. I believe you will be awesome!! Though I have not met this new elder, through inspiration, I know that you are going to have an incredible influence on this great young man!! Congratulations. This is the highest calling in any mission."

I'm really excited to see how things are going to be. I'm really excited to see what's going to happen and where I'm going to go. I had the feeling that I was going to get released as a zone leader. I can't count the blessings and the things I have learned from being a zone leader. I can say that they were the best 9 months of my mission. But now I have a new calling and a new job to do. I'm going to do the same thing that Elder Hale did to me. He made me love the mission and just love being a missionary. :) I'm really excited to have a new adventure. I'll probably be going to my "COFFIN" as they call it. It will be my last area. It's kinda crazy to think about how my mission is coming quickly to an end, so I try not to think about it.
I came up with a little phrase that has helped me, it's "DON'T COUNT THE DAYS...MAKE THE DAYS COUNT!!!"
I thank my Heavenly Father for every second I still have here because I just love my mission and I love Brazil :) I'm soaking it all up and making every last moment count. :)
It's crazy to hear how cold it is there. I wish that that was the same here. It is so hot and sticky, getting all the sticky sea salt off of my face is what I have gotten tired of over the past years. haha But it's all good.
As for Wyatt, he is a good kid, he has always liked to be a little on his own. If you want him to get a spiritual experience send him out with the missionaries or have him teach dad. :)
Gotta grow up some day.

Love you guys,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA