Well, this week was just a normal week.
For my birthday a member threw a little party for me. It was just 4 members and us missionaries with a little cake. It's crazy to think that I'm 21. Dang, I'm getting old. The members know that usually when an American elder makes 21 years old he is about to go home. So I have been getting a lot of the question, "So how much time do you have left on the mission?" and "When do you go home?" I just say "A year and a few months." or something like that, or my companion will just respond "Yup, he is going home next month." haha But it's all good. I'm glad I have a newby, he keeps me working hard and focused on the mission and helping others.
The area I'm in is Gloria. It is where the factory of chocolate is. The mark of chocolate is called GAROTO. It's pretty good. Today we are going to do a tour in the factory to see how everything is made. Yup, it's right next to us. And basically it's a 5 or 10 min walk and then we are on the beach. The ward has a lot of beach bums (in the membership) haha It's cool, they are all good members. It's just funny when the 1st Counselor has dreadlocks and goes to church in a suit and flip flops. haha So ya, basically I'm on the beach again. The ward is the best ward I have been in so far on the mission. The ward is really focused on the work and that is always good because it takes a little stress off my shoulders. We will have a baptism coming up next week. It is of Cássia, she is a girl of 15 years old and is an amazing little girl. She basically marked her own date (for baptism) and so she will be baptised on Saturday. I'm excited because I'm hoping that this will help my comp' really see how the mission is and that baptisms are normal and they really bring joy. We also have a hand full of people that are progressing, so we should be baptising weekly here in a little.
It's crazy to see that spring break has already come and gone. My companion is counting the days for me, and I think I'm down to like 7 weeks or something like that. I kind of had a little bit of a hard time yesterday when the member who gave us lunch asked me what I'm gonna do when I go home. I have so many ideas but I just need to relax. haha
Other than that, the week was a normal week with a lot of teaching and a lot of sweat. The rain comes and goes so you can never tell when it's going to rain.
All is well with me.
Just know that the Church is true and that Heavenly Father loves us. :)
Elder Manis
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Elder Manis
- Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA



No comments:
Post a Comment