Friday, February 18, 2011

Parabens



Hey Mamas,
I'm attaching some pictures that we took a while back, it's of when the city water failed for a week. Basically, we went a week with out taking a bath or anything. But one night the Lord blessed us with a rainstorm so we ran out in the street at night to take some quick rain shower baths. haha Yup, just a bunch of hippies. That was funny. In the pictures you can really see my farmers tan and how bad it is, and ya, you can see how skinny I'm getting.
I think this week was Dad's birthday and today is Hannah's, so
PARABENS for you guys. (Happy Birthday) So what does that make dad? He is like 40 [50] is years old and Hannah is like 16 [14] now or something. I think that Valentine's Day is coming up as well, but I can't remember what day it is.

This week went by so fast and slow at the same time. Monday and Tuesday we had trainings so that took up the whole day. I had the chance to get some letters but I got nothing. Everyone says that when you get to this stage on your mission that everyone forgets about you. The last letter I got was on the first week of November... so whats up?? Get to writing! P resident changed up a lot of rules so I can't e-mail my friends. But hey, I still have some time on the mission so keep cards comin'!!

During the week we had the opportunity to put in practice what we had learned in training, and it really payed off. In the end we were able to find a lot of promising people. People that went to church and are progressing well. We have a family of 5 that are going to be baptised on the 20th, so we are running after them and getting them taught. :) They are a really humble family they live in a one room house that has dirt floor. It's amazing to see how the gospel blesses the lives of many. They don't have much, and not even much to eat, but they have the Gospel and that's enough for any man to be eternally happy. I love this Gospel.
This week my companion did the counting and I have something like 13 or 14 weeks left. It's scary, but I'm sucking in every last moment of my mission. I seriously love it. It's amazing how much I have grown to love this people and care about them and will do anything to help them to be happy. Because they are part of my family now.
I love Brazil :)
In my studies I'm reading Jesus the Christ and I'm studying about the atonement.
I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and the things he has done for me. I love Him. :) It's amazing how He helps us.

I'm going to send this e mail off because people are saying that they are having problems with the site. :)
Love ya,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA