Hey Mom, I'm really sorry but I have almost no time to pass e-mail today.
The weather is getting a lot better and no more people are dieing. There is only about 2 young men it my ward, and no, they don't do anything cool like a break-the-fast. Even if they did, no one would come...Brazilians are lazy.
The zone is going great we are having a lot of success. My new companion is Elder Araujo from São Paulo. I love the kid. He is an amazing Elder. He has always been a good mission friend so it's really good to be companions with him. He skated like I did growing up, and he loves basketball, so we get along great and never have that awkward silence while we are walking in the street.
I'm really bummed out though, because I wanted to send you guys a really good spiritual e-mail but the e-mails of President and all the trainings we are going to have took up a lot of time. So basically I have no time and I'm really bummed.
President has had his garments up in a wad lately. Man, let's just say he is like a bomb waiting to go off. He will be going home a transfer after me so he only has 5 months left. He is trying to get the mission all in order and is almost turning into a crazy man. Making up some crazy rules, and stuff like that. I went and looked at a new house with him (a house bigger for us 4 missionaries) and he was just like a business man to me. He basically didn't put any frosting on what he thought of me and what I could do to be better. I just sat and took it because well...let's face it, he is correct. But man. He is coming to do a division with us tomorrow. So we will see how that goes.
I'm seriously taking it all in for experience. Because I know that the real world is going to be like that, and the mission is to prepare you for your whole life.
I have been reading the Liahona lately. The conference talks have been helping out a lot. I love Elder Ukdorf's talk "The Things that Matter Most" (as coisas que mais importam)
The talk had just made me realize what are the most important things in my life.
1. Family
2. The Gospel
3. My testimony of Jesus Christ
It also talks about seeing how things get all crazy in life and the one thing we need to do is just stop and look at the basics. There is a cool quote that he uses "there is more to life than increasing it's speed". Just take a chill pill and look at the things that really matter and then run after them. haha Let's just say that I have been doing that lately.
My mission is ending and I feel that Satan is working harder than ever to get me to just give up and rationalize my work. We are always in the constant fight. But I love how my testimony grows through the trials.
I Love you all.
Look at the things that mean most.
Zack
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Elder Manis
- Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA



No comments:
Post a Comment