Can you say "Death"?
It's just like you said. Here in Rio and in Espirito Santo there have been some pretty sad things that have been happening. They aren't floods that are happening, they are mudslides in the mountain regions. Here in Brazil the cities are built on the side of the mountain or in the valley. And last week there was a mega amount of rain. So that weekend the soil just gave way and basically a whole city was swallowed up by the mudslide. There was a family if 15 people that all died. It's pretty scary because we live at the foot of the tallest mountain in Espirito Santo. Everyone is always looking at the mountain and talking about what's going on, and what will happen next. It's mega sad. Basically a mountain swallowing up a whole entire city the size of down town Mesa. Like from the temple to Nana's house, all gone and everyone dead. Scary huh? But don't worry, I'm OK. It's all good.
Mom, you asked a lot about the zone. Well, this week was an OK week. Some baptisms fell through unfortunately, but for the 30th the zone has 27 baptisms planned. So let's cross our fingers and pray that everything will work out. This week we found a family of 11 people and 8 of them accepted the challenge to be baptised on the 30th. So I'm doing all I can to run after these people. This would help out so much with my mission goal of baptisms. It's a huge family that we found on Friday. It's sad because I don't know much about them, because I have been to their house all of 3 times. But they want to be baptised so I'm running after them and doing all I can to prepare these people. :) It was a lot of hard work that payed off with the finding of that family.
This week I found out that my Companion "STITCH" (Elder Costa) is getting transferred. I'm a little bummed about that. I think I will continue as a zone leader. But who knows? I do know that I will stay in the same area, so ya, there was a lot of changes in the mission this transfer.
Also, I'm trying to get us a new house. It's the coolest house on the mission. It's so amazing. It's a member's house and she wants to rent it out to us. Guess what? It has a MICROWAVE and a COUCH!! Man oh man, I'm running after this house as well. I have a busy week planned out. Ha Ha
Mom you mentioned about reading Jesus the Christ. I tried reading it, but it was so hard. The English is like reading Master Yoda. So I got a copy in Portuguese and it's a lot easier to understand.
Love you guys, have a good week, and pray for me and the zone. :)
Elder Manis



No comments:
Post a Comment