Hey Family,
Well, this week was a goodish week. I say "ish" because I know it could have turned out a little better. But as for me and my comp' I know we did our part. This week was New Year's so you could imagine that everyone was drinking and partying all week long. Ya, it was a little rough. Brazilians basically have no rules, so it seemed as if they were basically blowing up blocks of c4 for fireworks. The fireworks shook the house and woke every one up. It's so crazy to see that 2010 is over. Man, it went by so fast.
We closed December out for the mission and it was the worst month for the mission. President wasn't too happy with that. I had an interview with him this past week and man let me tell you, he crucified me. I have never felt more horrible on the mission. I closed the month out with 3 baptisms but I felt that I needed to baptize 30 people to make him happy. It was a rough interview. I have never seen President so mad. But it wasn't just with me, it was with the whole mission, but as the Zone Leader of the biggest zone of the mission, I got the short end of the stick.
On the bright side, we are going to have a baptism this week. Irmã Lucia, she is about 54 years old and is so accepting all of the things we teach her. She loves the Church and can't wait 'till she is baptised. This Saturday, she frequented another church "DEUS È AMOR" pretty much the church of Satan. They just make the people feel like poo. They told her that she couldn't be baptised because she is divorced. But as soon as we explained that that doesn't matter she has been crazy to be baptised.
That's about all that happened to me this week. I have been sleeping really good these days. I have been coming home dead tired, so it's been good to sleep well because I just pass out.
Mommy, it's like you said, looking back on 2010 you see how much you have been blessed. I was kinda bummed out because I came up 1 baptism short of my goals for 2010. But now I'm in high gear working hard to get my goal for the rest of my mission.
Love you guys, :)
Elder Manis
Oh, PS - Jandira and Rosangela, 2 of my baptisms went to the temple this week and received callings in the ward. :)
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Elder Manis
- Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA



No comments:
Post a Comment