Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Endure to the end




Hey Mom,
Ya, I'm pretty much in tears right now. Reading the e-mail you sent me. Ya, I miss London too. It's amazing to see how Heavenly Father blesses us when we do what he asks. (which usually requires sacrifice) Through our sacrifices we can be blessed. No, we will be blessed. It's just like you said Mom. There are times that we just can't take it anymore, but that's when Heavenly Father pulls us up and finishes the race with us. He is on our side with his angles in front and behind us, and it is in these times that the miracles happen. Be it what you expected or not.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is simple;
1 Faith
2 Repentance
3 Baptism
4 Holy Ghost
and 5- Enduring to the end
One thing I tell everyone of the people I teach is that enduring to the end isn't walking or skipping to the end, it straight up fighting until the end. Fighting against everything that is of the world.
But what does Christ bless us with when we do these things? Eternal life. What greater gift than eternal life in happiness and joy forever and ever. There is no greater gift than this from God. It has been his plan from the beginning, that "all men can return unto me." That is why we have the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. If it wasn't for Him, nothing eternal could ever happen. He suffered for every person that ever lived or will live, for this He knows us. He knows what we are going through and what we need to keep up the good fight. The Gospel is simple, it's "SALVATION" through Jesus Christ.

I am so grateful for this Gospel and for the little things that I learn everyday that help me along in that fight.

This week was a good one... Well, frustrating as well, but I'm only going to talk about the good stuff. My division with President was good. He likes the way we teach and he likes the way we are working. He also loves the way we worry about the salvation of everyone we teach. It was really good.

This week we got invited to eat AÇAÌ at a members restaurant. Açaí is really good. It's like ice cream but kinda like a slurpy too. sei lá haha Anyway, a member dared me to eat 2 leters of it and.... yup, I did. haha So I went home saturday night with a barriga (belly) full of 2 liters of açaí. Yummmmmmm
Here are some pictures of it. My comp' is the guy giving a thumbs up. haha The big bowl is only 1 liter.
Things are going great. Just running after the zone and getting some baptisms in there.
We found another good family of 4, so we are really excited to progress with them. :)
Love ya guys,

Elder Manis

PS: Lookin' tan huh? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA