Wednesday, March 23, 2011

D&C 135:3

O velho??
Yup, this week I make 21 years old. Not gonna lie, I feel the same and nothing special. I think if anything, this year (my birthday) it will be just like last year with a bowl or cereal with candles in it. But what can I do? I'm a poor missionary and have work to do. The members are wanting to throw a party, but we will see about that. I didn't have one last year so maybe I'll let them have one for me this year.
Meu filho (my son) is doing well. He has gotten a lot better. I let him write his letters and stuff at night because I'm thinking; "if I go all commando on him, the whole "DO THIS DO THAT" thing, I'm gonna make him hate the mission." I remember how it was to have a pooey companion. But he is getting a lot better, he is a lot more outgoing. "Coming out of his shell" you can say. He has a fiancé or however you say that. So he talks about marriage a lot. I just laugh and say, "If you're getting excited now for your marriage, your mission is going to go by so slow." haha He is pretty crazy about her. He was wanting to go out today and buy a dress for her and send it home. When he told me I couldn't believe it. I basically put my foot down on that one and just said forget it. Let's baptize 4 people and then we can talk. haha
This week has been pretty crazy. We have had some pretty bad tropical storms. Typhoon like weather so there has been a lot of flooding and that always slows the work down. I don't think that I have ever seen so much rain and water. Sometimes it's a little scary because all of the poo rivers overflow and get everyone sick and polluted and stuff. So we have been having to walk around a lot because half of our area is under poo water. But it's all good. The rain has got to stop sometime.
Today I was studying and I came across D&C 135:3. Before you guys go and read this I want you to ask yourself "Who is Joseph Smith?" Bam! This scripture will blow your mind. It's basically the most powerful scripture that talks about Joseph Smith that I have ever seen or found, it's amazing.
I just want to let all you guys know that I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. Just as Jesus Christ did, he shed his innocent blood in defense of the truth.

Love you all,
Elder Manis

1 comment:

  1. "He is pretty crazy about her"... I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA