Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Visit with Elder Oaks



Hey Fam,

We have had a few changes here in the mission. Elder Brito got transferred and now I'm with Elder Novello. He is a really cool guy and has a lot of love for the people. It's my job to train him into a leader, so I'm really looking forward to that. He is from the ParanĂ¡ so he is a really cool guy. :) We get along great and it's no challenge teaching with him.
This past week I got to meet Elder Dalin H. Oaks and man that was an amazing event. Ya, I got to meet him and ya, I sat and talked with him. He is a really funny and smart man. (He uses an I-Pad for scriptures and stuff) I asked him why he uses the i-Pad and he just said; "I don't know, my kids gave it to me. I just know how to look up scriptures." :) He is a really loving guy and it was great to get to know him on more of a personal level. Not to mention that it was the first time I had ever seen an apostle let alone meet one, so it was really cool. It was amazing to see him up at the pulpit, just seeing him work with the Holy Ghost receiving revelation. It was amazing, and I can testify that he is a man of God and that he was called by God to be an apostle in these last days.
This week was also a really good week with the investigators. We found a good family on Saturday and they went to church yesterday. Her name is Holoisa. Come to find out that she had been taught some years ago and received a Book of Mormon. But the day she received it the Elders where transferred and she lost contact with the Church. But she kept reading the Book of Mormon. Of course, like all of us, sometime later she had questions and so to help her understand better she took the book to a pastor who yelled at her and told her to burn and destroy the book. So she did. But it was amazing to see the tears in her eyes when we gave her another book. Then she said; "Now I know what's true." I just made it really clear that she needs to ask God about her doubts and not a pastor of another church. She is amazing, and I'm really excited to see what's going to happen this week with her. :)
I love my mission and I know that this church is true and that God has called Prophets and apostles here on the earth to guide us :)
When are you gonna send me my Christmas package ??
My electric razor's cable broke so I need to know if you can buy another for me. The model is
es8228 wet dry Panasonic

Love you,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA