Sup Foos?
How is you guys doing??
Random but funny, a member here went on Tiffany's blog during lunch yesterday and showed me some pictures of my cousins that I don't even know. hahah You guys need to send more photos.
Well, this week was a little Debbie Downer. Lets just say that I have really seen the side that Satan plays in missionary work. The only thing that I missed was a comet falling from the sky and killing me. It's crazy, it's not just with me, it's with the zone and the mission. The mission and the zone are suffering a little. Let's just say that Satan is working really hard to get these Elders and Sisters to quit. All of our promised baptisms fell through. We were going to baptize an Elvis and his family. But there was a huge family fight and the family split up. 5 of the baptisms in the zone fell because of the same reason. Satan is just working so hard in the lives of our investigators that it's so sad to see. So what did I do? I got to studying and I came to a conclusion using 3 happenings:
1. When Christ started his mortal ministry
2. The Garden of Gethsemene
3. The Sacred Grove
After Christ was baptized he went in the desert for 40 days and fasted. There he learned more about his purpose on the earth and that he would be our Savior. But what else was there, when he was there? Satan. Satan tempted him like crazy saying "IF" your are the real savior make some bread to kill your hunger, and all that jazz. He tried to get Jesus to doubt himself.
In the Garden, when Christ was praying, Satan was there tempting him again. And angels decended to help him out.
The Sacred Grove, when Joseph Smith was praying, Satan grabbed his tounge and Joseph felt as if he was going to die.
In all this I realized a little more about how Satan works. He wants you to doubt yourself..IF...you know that big IF.. he tempts you physically and mentally and he has the power to come over you and try to kill your thoughts of hope and love.
but what is the solution to all of this....
1.prayer
2.fasting
3. faith
Jesus prayed and fasted like crazy in the desert to overcome temptation. In the garden He prayedas well. Joseph's prayer in the forest helped him to overcome.
I learned that I need to pray more to overcome these difficulties. Not just more, but better, and have the trust in Him that as I do my part He will do His.
I love my mission and the many things I have learned here. I just want you to know that if you guys are having problems or doubts you can call on Heavenly Father and He will help you.
Love you guys,
Elder Manis
PS: Mom I realized that I have about 6 months left and I have yet to buy a Brazilian soccer jersey. There is a bishop that lives here that has a shop that he sells them. Do you think you could put like 60 or 70 bucks on my account so I can buy one? Please :) :)
PPS Elder Oaks will visit our mission. :)
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Elder Manis
- Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA



No comments:
Post a Comment