Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Come What May and Love It

Mãe e a Familia,
Things are going great down here in Brazil. This week has been a fun week. It's good to just have fun and to do missionary work. We have 3 baptisms coming up. They are Maria, Wesley and Mateus. They are all really great people, but I wanna talk about Maria. I think that she is afraid to be baptised because she doesn't like the water. And me as a lifeguard almost has no patience for that. haha Just messin. She is a senora of 75 years old. Her heart is amazing and she just loves the missionaries. It has been great using the Spirit to help teach her because she doesn't see that well. So she can't really read the scriptures. It's been great to just work with her. I love old people, they are just so loving. :)
Anyway, this week rained a bunch and that kind of slowed things down for us. It wasn't anything you couldn't fight.
We taught a man this week that had both of his arms eaten off by a huge pit bull 3 years ago. So that was amazing! I really learned a lot from him and his point of view. I mean, the guy had both of his arms eaten off in a dog attack, but he said; "I can sit hear and cry everyday and think, ooooh poorrr mmmeee or I can get up every day and see what more i can do. Before I lost my arms I had a million talents. Now, without my arms I have 500 thousand talents. Who am I to cry with 500 thousand talents. I thank God everyday that I am still living."
It made me think of that conference talk by Elder Faust "Come what may and love it". Just suck it up and keep on truckin. Thinking about that, I studied a bit about the subject and came to a conclusion. Just like Ether says - we gain a testimony through tests of faith. It's true, we really gain a testimony that the Church is true through a test. Or that our testimony of our belief is being tested. On my mission I have came across this a lot. Every time that I come across a person that wants to fight my testimony is strengthened.
I once said to a man that was attacking our church saying this, that and the other thing. I just said; "Amigo, I'll believe in your words if you prove to me that this isn't the true church." No matter how hard someone tries they can't explain that our church isn't true. Simply because it is true. haha It's really great to be part of the true church of God here on the earth. To reap the blessings of our Savior. This Church is amazing. I love it. (said in a Nacho voice) It is the best! (again, Nacho voice)
I'm happy for the people who realise this as well. It's awesome because every time we enter in a house, we leave a "prova de fé" [test of faith] for the people to realize that the Church is true. So remember, that if you're having a test of your faith, it's because God wants you to learn something. If everything is going great and you don't have tests, then something is wrong. haha We all have tests and they are for our good. :)
I love you guys and I love this work,
Elder Manis

PS...Hello Mom, I'm needing cash money. Can ya spot a few?
How is my Christmas package? Have you sent it yet?

XXooXoXoXoooxxOXX

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA