Guys,
Well, this week has been..... well, a rough one (Mom you don't have to put this one on the blog) Things have been going pretty hard as work goes... We work work work work and nothing comes of it, and it's so hard to stay positive when your [companion's] heart has a heart of coal.
This week he decided to cut Bernadette because she had too many questions. Questions are a good thing. They are about the Church...HELLO?? Aghhh! This week has been so hard, he is always so negative about everything. When we teach a great lesson, all he has to say after is... "She didn't want anything to do with us."... "She isn't an elect." My area hasn't had a baptism in about 7 to 8 months. Things are moving pretty slow, we are trying to make friends with the members, but they can't get around my comp'. I'm sorry, I'm just kinda venting. I dunno what to do anymore. My prayers have moved from "[help us to have more] success to - "please help my companion be a little bit nicer." For example, I got all dressed up for the Priesthood Session [of General Conference] and he just decided to stay home. "Na I don't wanna go, it will just be in the Liahona in a month." AGGGHHHH! My heart is hurting just trying to get along with this guy.
But as for Conference, I missed both first sessions and Priesthood, so if you can mail them to me that would be amazing. But I did get to hear Elder Holland's talk. Powerful huh? It's so true, any other man wouldn't have gone to the grave with for a book. It was a big testimony builder. It was amazing. Another thing was one of the songs that we sang. "Come ye Children of the Lord, let us sing with one accord. I got goose bumps when I thought how many people are singing with us. Like, if you pushed pause on the world and just let us sing, you could hear it all around the world. I'm so thankful to be a part of this amazing Church.
Give Nana and Paco a big hug thanks for me.
I don't remember any numbers for America, I don't even remember my house phone. So I don't have a number for Cara. My Portuguese is coming fast. When I stop and realize how fast I'm learning, it's crazy.
I love you guys,
Elder Manis
PS - Christmas list next week
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Elder Manis
- Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA



No comments:
Post a Comment