Monday, October 12, 2009

Burning in your bosom

Hey,
I want to thank you for all the prayers and all the support. It means a lot to me that you would do that. But I also want to apologize for my e-mail last week. I guess I just had a venting moment, and maybe it went a little to far. But that night me and Elder Adriano got into it pretty bad. We weren't screaming at each other or anything, but you could say it was a fight. I sat him down and just said.. "Ollio no nao podemos contuniar com isso, que e aconticendo, nos estamos brigando sobre nada." Basically, said "Look, this can't go on anymore, something needs to change." So we had a good talking session, and we both figured out that we need to melorar (I can't remember the word in English).
So this week we started over and tried to do our best to "ficamos animado e trablhar" diligently and we had some good fruits this week. But we both agreed that this talk should have happened the first weeks of the transfer not the last. (I think I'm going to stay here com [with] him for one more transfer)
But anyway, we taught a good lesson this week with a lady named Ilizete. Durante [during] that lesson for some reason I started to get all nervous and my heart was beating all crazy and I had no clue why, and then it hit me... "MARK A DATA FOR BAPTISM WITH HER". So I did it, and she accepted. It was crazy because I have marked dates with other people and it was just a regular thing, but for some reason this one was different. Now I know what a burning in your bosom feels like. It feels like your going to throw up and poo your pants at the same time. But if you tried to throw up or poo your pants, nothing would happen. HaHa. And come Domingo [Sunday] she was in the church. In the Doctrine Class we were learning about temple marriage. She had a lot of questions that where good, but we kinda got into some deep doctrine. and one guy said "I'm sealed to 3 people... after this life I will have 3 women".... so that kinda killed us. Ha Ha. But it's good she loves the Church and said that she wants to frequently attend.
Also, we had a family that came. The same family that I used our family photo [to teach a lesson to] and they too loved it. So it looks like your prayers are paying off. I can see the fruits and we just have to let them ripen before we harvest.
Also, a part member family like our family came up to us, and the Dad said that he wants to get baptized. So we are going to work with him and maybe get a baptism this week.
Thanks a lot every one, really.
And Mom about [your friend], I can't sit on your shoulder and whisper in your ear and tell you what to say. Just because you don't have a name tag, doesn't mean your not a missionary. You have a testimony, use it and don't show fear. People attack on fear, just relax and let the Spirit take you for a ride. See what happens and don't fell sorry if things get a little crazy. Ha Ha The Spirit works in crazy ways, let me tell you. You can do it, I know you can.
As for my house and stuff. I live with Elder Adriano, Elder Silva and Elder Hernandez. Our house is 2 stories and is pretty big. It's a nice house, Elder Silva is from Fortoleza, he actually went on a division [split] before his mission with Clint Lawler. Small world huh? Elder Hernandez is from California and he has the same amount of time [out in the field] as Preston but he is pure Mexican and so he speaks Spanish too. Ha Ha, he is a cheater.
Well I gots to go. I'm so sorry but my time is running out, I only have enough time to write a few people.
Christmas list next week. I promise.
Love you guys,
Elder Manis
PS - Wyatt do you think you could get the home addresses of some of my friends like Kelvin and stuff. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA