Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Many Blessings

Hi,
How is everything going guys? Things here are really going great, and a lot of hard work.
Well, to answer your food question from last week, a still eat rice and beans every day without fail. About a month ago on P-day I went to Burger King, got a burger and it still came with rice and beans. Ha Ha funny huh?
Wyatt - Ya, Elder Crapo has a little brother that goes to Red Mountain but I don't know his name.
Mom - I'm sorry about the memory chip :( it makes me really sad that you haven't seen the pictures. Don't worry, next time I'll just send them to you. I'm sorry :(.

Its funny to hear how things are starting to cool down there. Because it's just getting hotter and hotter here. When I left AZ it was summer and when I got here it was winter, but it still felt like summer. 2 years of summer isn't a bad thing. I'm all tan now and my arm hairs are blond. Ha Ha, back to the summer Elder Manis.
OK now for mission work. Well, this week we have been blessed like crazy. We still have 2 dates marked for baptism [with investigators]. Both for the 7th of Novembro, and they are progressing amazingly. Ilizete stopped with café [coffee] which is like impossible to do down here, and she found work so we are crazy excited for her to progress. This week we also found some really promising investigators. One of them is Renata (say Hanata). We were having a slow day of work and I really wanted to teach so I just decided to knock some doors and after getting rejected a few times we finally got into Renata's house. We taught her and at the end I asked her if she would pray to know if what we had taught her was true. She just said, "I don't need to. I prayed last night for something good to happen in my life and you bringing me this gospel is it. You're an answer to my prayers." So that was amazing.
Then another night, we were walking home and in front of our house was a guy 20ish years old. He just said, "I want to know more about your Church. But my Mom can't know, because she is the founder of the Maranata Church (the biggest apostasy ever). It was amazing. He is really open to the gospel. Then Sunday he came to church and played the hymns for us on the piano, so he really felt welcome. We have just been so blessed.
Also, this transfer we got a Brazilian in the house and now I'm the only American in our house and in our district. It's kinda lonely at times, but it makes me get really good at the language.
Well, that's about it. Just been working really hard. The language is easy now and I speak almost without error. Just hangin' in there. I have been having some problems with sleep lately. So if you guys need something to pray about, pray that I can get some sleep at night. :)
Thanks guys.
Love ya,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA