Como voces estão? Things are going great here, I'm going to start out with my Christmas list so I don't forget it.
OK here we go:
- Chlorine scented candle (I miss the pool)
- EZ- Mac
- Pictures (a lot of them, from anyone)
- yo-yo (Bumble Bee)
- Nerf basket ball hoop
- Hacky Sack
- AMERICAN CANDY!
- 2 ties
- some Zebra pens (just black and red)
- Red Mountain shirt
- beef jerky
- "Portuguese for Dummies"
- lyrics to Jack Johnson
- Tylenol PM
- books about Joseph Smith
- Hannah's old mp3 player, with Mo' Tab' and not just hymns, other calm music.
As for my Christmas presents for you guys. I got lucky. My AP Elder Crapo, he is finishing up his mission and will be home before Christmas. Lucky for me, his family are neighbors with the Zimmerman's. Small world huh? He lives less than 2 miles from us. So I'm going to send some stuff home with him.
OK, now for this week. It has been another down to the grind week, we have been teaching all over the place. It's good because we have been teaching and finding new investigators.
Remember that guy that came up to us at Church and said that he wanted to be baptized? Well, we went to his house and found out that there was a little more baggage to him. He is wanting to get baptized because his wife said "Straighten up or get out". He smokes crack and likes that weed. It's sad to see how his family is suffering because of his stupid past. It makes me want to become the best dad that I possibly can. But we are working with him. He knows he is going to suffer for a while before things start to get better, so we are doing everything we can for him and his family.
OK, now for this week. It has been another down to the grind week, we have been teaching all over the place. It's good because we have been teaching and finding new investigators.
Remember that guy that came up to us at Church and said that he wanted to be baptized? Well, we went to his house and found out that there was a little more baggage to him. He is wanting to get baptized because his wife said "Straighten up or get out". He smokes crack and likes that weed. It's sad to see how his family is suffering because of his stupid past. It makes me want to become the best dad that I possibly can. But we are working with him. He knows he is going to suffer for a while before things start to get better, so we are doing everything we can for him and his family.
Illezete we taught her some really good lessons this week. I think the best was the Plan of Salvation. She had some doubts when we talked about the Spirit World. But when we pulled out that scripture in Peter, that talks about Jesus ministering [to the souls] there before he was resurrected [1Peter 4:6]. It's good to know that our Father in Heaven has a plan for us, and no matter what we do we can almost always repent. We also brought back Bernidette. We just decided to go and talk to her, and she said that she misses our Church and that she wants to come back. So we are really happy about that. Things are going great. I just want you guys to know that I'm working hard every day, and I don't want you guys to think because I haven't gotten a baptism yet, that I'm slacking off. I promise, I'm working hard.
In other news, Brazil has daylight savings time...retarded. I don't get it.
Well, my time is running out.
I love you guys,
Elder Manis
PS - It's raining :)



No comments:
Post a Comment