Monday, September 28, 2009

Instrument in the Lord's hand

Hey Family,
It's good to hear that everything is going great back at home. To answer your questions; yes, I did get your package. I got it pretty quick. Thanks for the shirts, my comp' loves his. Ummm I'm not sure what I want for Christmas. I'll come up with a list and pass it to you next week. I will have a new companion by Christmas for sure, but honestly if it's a Brazilian, what I get will be his anyway. They think everything is theirs. Ha Ha Its funny.
Well, this week we really really worked hard. I'm about dead. We started working in a neighborhood that has never been worked in. We taught some killer lessons and had some people promise God that they would come to church. But what do you know, when Sunday comes around, nadda nõs temos 0 pesquisadores na capela. Frustraiting! You work your face off trying to help people and they can't even keep a promise they made with the Lord. It's hard because my companion likes to chastise people. Kinda makes them feel like dirt, so we burn through investigators like crazy. I'm not sure if they aren't progressing because it's just not there time or they don't like Elder Adriano. But he's my companion... gotta love him.
One of the lessons we taught was with a family who loved our message. I pulled out a picture of us that you sent me. (The one that Tiffany took) I showed them my family, just to let them know that I'm human, and I talked about each and every one of you and how the Gospel had blessed our lives as a family. Ha Ha, yes even you Dad. That was the first lesson that I felt like a instrument in the Lord's hand and it felt great.
That's all the stories I've got. Just working hard and looking for results. AZ is still hot? Dang. Its starting to get pretty got here about 104 with 100% humidity. So ya, ha ha, its pretty muggy but I'm pretty used to it, so it doesn't bother me to much.
:) I love you guys,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA