Monday, September 14, 2009

RUN!

Hi :)
Well, to answer your questions - First: my new companion is Elder Adriano. He is from Sao Paulo, he is 22 and he only has 2 transfers left in his mission. It was a little shock to my system at first. The first few days where hard...I mean hard. Just being with a new companion and having to remember where everyone lives and stuff like that, it was just a little stressful I guess you could say.
But I figured out how much Portuguese I know. I surprised myself. But at the same time, I am like....dang, I've got so much more to learn. But it's OK, I am at the point where I can understand just about everything. However, when I try to talk I get mixed up, but at the same time just this week I have learned how to speak without thinking. I don't know if that makes sense, but I just stop thinking and talk.. Sabe?
Well, along with being shocked because of transfers myself, so were our investigators. Some of them didn't really like the change. Some of the members of the church/ward as well. But it will all be better in time I guess.
We have a good investigator, her name is Bernadette. She is about 50ish years old. She is progressing well and we have a baptism date set for next week, so we will see what happens. We aren't sure if she is progressing because she really knows the church is true, or if its just because she like the missionaries. It's kind of hard to tell at times but I think she is progressing because she sees that she needs the Gospel in her life. Also, this week we had to cut one of our best investigators... because we found out he has 2 wives! Ya, I know, crazy huh? But I guess its common it this state of Brazil :(.
The funny story for this week is I was bitten by a dog haha. There is a dog that lives on this street by our house and every time we pass him he chases us. But the other night there was construction on that street so I figured he wouldn't be there. We were walking all quiet when we passed one of the huge work trucks and heard a growl. I just yelled RUN! Well, I guess you can say I didn't run fast enough and the pit bull got me on the calf. Its not that bad, Mom don't worry, I don't have rabies. We got it checked out and stuff.
Other than that things are going great. It's good to hear about Wyatt's team kickin' butt. That's how that Red Mountain rolls haha. My language skills are improving everyday. I started studying the Book of Mormon it Portuguese. I study in Portuguese only, and Portuguese is now in my dreams. But I'm not speaking Portuguese - its everyone else. Ha Ha
The work is progressing.
I love you guys,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA