Monday, September 21, 2009

Bernadette

Hey Guys,
This week has been getting better... not too much better, but things are progressing. Elder Adriano hasn't taught me how to make [cook] anything cool yet, ha ha. I still do most of the cooking, which isn't that hard, just throw the noodles in some boiling water. Ha Ha My leg is doing fine. It wasn't that bad in the first place, just some scratches.
Well this week we really hit the ground running. We started working in a neighborhood that we had never been to before. It was good. We got into a lot of houses, and taught a lot of good people. We had 15 people promise God in prayer that they would go to church with us on Sunday, but when it came around, none of them showed up. It was kind of depressing to have worked my tail off all week with these new people and see no results. But we did have a good investigator show. Her name is Bernadette. She has been to church 3 times now and is just now getting the hang of singing the hymns. She is progressing well, we have a date marked for baptism on Oct 3. I really think she is an elect. It's awesome to see her progress when I teach her, just kinda see her eyes open and say "Ya... this is true." It's sweet, because she gives us chocolate at almost every lesson. She is a nice lady.
Well, I'm sorry to say that that's about it for missionary work for this week. But this week I have been studying a lot about baptism and covenants. And I have really begun to realize how big a promise to God it is... it's no joke. I also got really temple sick. I'm not sure why, I just miss being able to go to the house of the Lord and feel His Spirit and just relax. I guess after seeing all the iniquity in the small town I'm in, and all of the churches, just took a tole on me. I want to go to my temple.
On other news, next month is going on 6 month for me... that's crazy.. I just left.
I gots to go guys.
I love you and pray for you every day,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA