Monday, September 7, 2009

E. Hale is getting transferred

Oi!
Hey guys,
Mom, good thing you wrote something about money because I need it. Ha Ha I'm starving out here.  Raman noodles for every meal isn't working anymore.  I know I can take money out of my savings so if you can move some money to my savings that would be great. I'm going to the bank tomorrow so if you can do it soon that would be great.

Well, as for everything else, its getting better.  The language is still choppy.  Elder Hale says I need to stop thinking so much.  He says when I just talk, I speak it good, but when I try to think about it I mess up.  He says, "Just be a Brazilian in your mind.  You're just chillin' on the beach in flip flops and flying a kite.  When you think like that, you can talk."  So it has been getting better but it's hard.  
Also, I found out that today is my last day with Elder Hale.  He is getting transferred.  So I'm a little scared about that, but I think I'm ready for it.  He was an amazing missionary, and I learned a lot from him.  It's going to be hard getting stuck with a Brazzie, but I can do it. 
As for Daniel, he doesn't want anything to do with the Church.  He is so blind, so we forgot him and really worked hard this week.  Just forgot everything and busted our butts.  We were so caught up in the work, we didn't see our blessings 'till Sunday.  When we had 6 new investigators in the capela.  It was a surprise, it was just like... Dang!  We worked hard and the Lord did the rest, it was great.
The weather is hot.  I'm used to it, so it doesn't bother me any.  I'm used to sweating all the time.  But I'm so wiped out by the end of the day. 
It's good to here that Red Mountaña is kickin' some butt.  Today is Brazil's Independence Day, and all the Missionaries in Vitoria got to march in the parade.  It was so cool.  Ha Ha Brazil loves Americans. But we were right behind a marching band and they were playing the drum line stuff, so it just put me back on the [football] field hearing the band play.  I got goose bumps.  It was cool, they were so good.
That's all I have for this week.  The work is hard but that's what you get for being here in the most religious state of Brazil. Espirito Santo means Holy Ghost.  But I'm still working hard, sometimes all I can do is love the people, and that's not hard at all.

Love ya guys,

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA