Monday, August 31, 2009

I love this work

Oi Familia, como voces estão?

Well, this week has gotten a lot better.  I'm just getting over being sick, so I'm feeling a lot better now that I have some food in my stomach.  It stopped raining too.  It has been raining for the past 2 weeks.  Now the sun is out and its really humid.  But I don't mind it, we are right next to the ocean so we get a good ocean breeze every once in a while so its not too bad.  I'm not sure if it's the water that made me sick.  I'm past the point of caring and I just drink the water that they give me.  
Well you wanted to know what I do all day, so here we go.
We wake up and exercise at 6:30a I usually just do push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups so its nothing amazing.  Then at 7:30a we make breakfast, which is usually just chocolate milk...because we is poor :) ... Then its personal scripture study at 8:00a, then companion scripture study at 9:00a.  Then language study at 10:00a.  Then at 11:00a we walk to lunch which is about an hour's walk everyday.  Lunch goes to about 2:00p, then we go to work.  Clapping (knocking) doors and teaching people 'till 9:00p.  Then we come home and plan for the next day. 
So ya, that's about it.  Hard work and tons of walking. Ha Ha.
This week has been a good week for us.  We have found a lot of new investigators and we had 6 of them in the Capela este Semana.  It was good to have everyone there.  One of the guys we brought was Daniel, we contacted him and just invited him to church, and sure enough he came.  He knew the Bible really well and was into all the lessons.  Later that night we went to his house to just follow up on how he thought church went.  When we showed up all he said was, "Let's go. We are going to my church tonight."  So out of respect, we went with him to the Quadrangular Church which is one of the many Apostasies around here.  I walked in not knowing what to expect, and when we got there I saw 800 people.  800 people is 2 stakes worth in the LDS church [down here], my heart sunk. Here are 800 people in this building that are so blinded by the works of man.  It was so sad to see their pastor screaming and everyone saying ..SIM JESUS.. they are so blind.  It made me realize how cunning the adversary is.  He will stop at nothing to get people to fall away in his traps.  It also made my testimony grow.  Even in our ward building with a billion crying babies and kids running around, our meetings still have the quiet Spirit of the Lord present.  Being in this meeting with 800 people without the Spirit made me so grateful for what we are blessed with.  I know this Church is true.  I have no divide in my heart.  This is the restored Church of Jesus Christ and I am so grateful to put this name tag on everyday that has His name on it, and to represent Him.  I love every second of it.  I love getting rejected, I feed off of it because, it makes the one person that is willing to listen that much more important to me.  I love this work, missionary work isn't easy because salvation isn't a cheap experience.

I love you guys and I pray for ya every night,
Elda Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA