Funny thing that you start your e-mail to me with "Have you been eating good?"...... This week has been the hardest week on the mission yet. It started out last week that I got ..."Gripe"... What they [the Brazilians] call the flu. Then it turned into the stomach flu. Everything I eat I throw up, EVERYTHING.. even if its just a cracker, it comes up. So I basically haven't eaten anything this week..just within the week I think have lost about 12 pounds. It has just been a hard week spiritually, mentally and physically. I feel so weak walking up the hills, like I'm going to die. Ha Ha That's all our area is is hills, its been hard. It is offensive to the people if you don't eat [the food they provide] so I eat hoping that it will stay down. But 20 min. later walking down the street, I yack. My companion tells me I should just take a day off to relax and give my body some rest. I say, "Heck No, I can't rest. I only have 2 years here, and if it keeps going as fast as it is now, one day of rest will be a big waist." I just suck it up and keep moving.
Elder Hale is so cool. He is really like a brother. We like all the same things. So Mom, to answer your question about Elder Hale he is basically me but about 3 inches shorter. HaHa
This week has been a hard week spiritually like I said before. Our investigators that have been progressing, just decided to not work this week. We had to cut this family that I thought we where going to baptize for sure. It was so depressing, they know the Church is true, they have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. They just don't want to give up watching soccer on Sunday to go to church. It's just hard because I have worked as hard as i can, with my crappy Portuguese, and spiritually drained myself for these people but they just don't want to change. But what can you do sometimes you've got to cut an elect. It's hard to do but sometimes it's what you gotta do.
Well family, everything is going great. Besides being so sick in the gut, I'm still working hard don't worry.
As for sending packages, I'm not to sure what the easiest way is. I don't even get mail every week. I get it about every 4 weeks.
But put stickers of Jesus on the package so people won't open it.
Love ya guys,
Well family, everything is going great. Besides being so sick in the gut, I'm still working hard don't worry.
As for sending packages, I'm not to sure what the easiest way is. I don't even get mail every week. I get it about every 4 weeks.
But put stickers of Jesus on the package so people won't open it.
Love ya guys,



No comments:
Post a Comment