Monday, August 3, 2009

My first area

Hey family!!
Well, I'm out of the CTM now. It was kind of like being slapped in the face with the real world.  The people here talk so different, like instead of ..luz.. they say  lushh.. everything is so slurred together.  The first day or 2 was really hard but now I'm starting to catch along. My area is called Cariasica, its a little port town outside of Vitoria just like Apache Junction is to Mesa.  The people here are way relaxed, they are always in there swim suits and flip-flops.  I haven't seen one dressed person yet.  The people being lax is a good thing because they will always listen to you, but it is also a bad thing because no one really takes your message seriously, and to top that within 5 blocks of our house there are about 12-20 different churches.  So its hard to contact people that aren't so involved with one of the many churches.  But we work hard, my comp. is Elder Hale he is from Salt Lake.  He is a really cool guy and we get along great.  He has been serving for a little over a year, so he always asks about home and whats going on, which makes him kinda home sick which in turn makes me homesick. 
This week has been a roller coaster of ups and downs.  But it's just now starting to smooth out.  The food with members is amazing.  It's seriously better than anything back in AZ.  I love it, but for some reason I always get the neck of the chicken when we have chicken.  It's all bony and just weird.  
Church yesterday was kinda crazy. Let's just say a lot of breast feeding going on and a lot of babies crying.  I bore my testimony and afterwards everyone told me that if I needed anything they would help my out.  The members here are really loving.  The members think I look like a soldier from the movies.  I have no clue why, but its funny. 
Well, now for the good news through all this hard work and ups and downs we did have some success.  My first day in the field we contacted this family and we invited them to church, and they came.  Then just yesterday we taught them another lesson and asked them to be baptized, and they said yes!  It's so amazing, a million rejections is worth one baptism.  We are also going to baptize one of the Bishop's daughter's friend so that will be cool.  Well, I got to go. I have to go shopping.
:( Miss you, Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA