Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Things are rolling in Andre Carloni

As coisas estão rolando em André Carloni..
Well, just as I had hoped, I didn't get transfer ed. I got held here in Andre Carloni, but Elder Erick packed his bags. It was a little hard to see him go because we worked so well together. Just on the same page on everything. We never fought and just about never had doubts about what to do. But it's all part of a mission.

My new companion is Elder Cabral from São Paulo. He is new on the mission with only 4 months out, so it was a little hard for him to wake up and get back to work after the transfer. He is a chillax guy. He is basically American but doesn't speak any English. He just likes everything American, even football and basketball and baseball. He had ESPN in his home. But with a new companion the first few days and moments together are a bit strange. But like I said, its all part of a mission.

Things here in André Carloni are going great. We had a baptism Saturday. Andrini, she is a sister of a member so that was cool. She was very open to hearing the discussions and really had the desire to be baptized. So we baptised her. haha Now we are focusing our efforts on the parents. They are very open the Gospel too, so it's just a matter of time until they accept it.
This time of year here in Brazil they have a lot of festivals called A Festa Junini. It's just like a shin' dig' with a bunch of line-dancing and food. It's just a huge party. The ward had one this past week and it was way cool to see the different Brazilian cultures, all the strange food and all the weird clothes. haha They dress up like hillbillies. It's just crazy.
It's crazy to hear that it is all ready summer there back in Arizona. It just doesn't make sense but its good to hear that you all are working hard and that everything is going great. Mom about my beard, ya, it grows in a lot thicker now. But I'm not that hairy. haha I probably have 12 chest hairs. haha I think Wyatt got the hairy gene.

This week I was studying a lot about "As coisas pequenas e simples" or the small and simple things.
As a missionary I have learned that you must always change and modify. Your work for example; one thing for one contact may not work with another. So your workspace is always changing. I realised that it's the small and simple things that make all the difference. Just asking a little bit more questions to get to know the person, making a few extra contacts, and being a little bit more sincere in my prayers to my Heavenly Father to help me change what I can change and be humble enough to accept the things that I can't change. I have seen a big difference in my work but I still have a long way to go. I still have to work a lot harder to get to where I wanna be; not just in my mission, but in life too. Here on the mission I have learned the importance of celestial things, like an eternal family and just being happy forever. The worldly things can just take a break. haha I can't bring a Range Rover to the Celestial Kingdom, but a happy loving family I can.
I love all of you and pray for you all,
Elder Manis

PS: Mom you need to send me a soccer shirt of the US team.
#10 Donovan :)
Love Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA