Ola Familia como vos estais?
[Hello Family how are you?]
I'll answer the first question mom, "How are things in Brazil?"
Well, let me tell ya... you just have to see it, to believe it. Brazil is going crazy. Painting flags everywhere and buying beer and churrasco [BBQ]. As you can imagine it's a little tense. Just imagine your in a place where the number one religion is soccer. And you just happen to be there when there is world class soccer tournaments going on. Ya it's a little crazy. Brazil just loves soccer. North Korea made a goal and all Brazil just went crazy. It's cool because they love any team that makes a goal, unless it's against Brazil or Argentina.
Brazil plays tomorrow, so that means Elder Manis is staying inside. They will be playing against South Korea, so make sure you watch the game for me. Look out for Robinho, Number 11. He will probably do some crazy stuff with the ball and will just tear it up.
I'll answer the first question mom, "How are things in Brazil?"
Well, let me tell ya... you just have to see it, to believe it. Brazil is going crazy. Painting flags everywhere and buying beer and churrasco [BBQ]. As you can imagine it's a little tense. Just imagine your in a place where the number one religion is soccer. And you just happen to be there when there is world class soccer tournaments going on. Ya it's a little crazy. Brazil just loves soccer. North Korea made a goal and all Brazil just went crazy. It's cool because they love any team that makes a goal, unless it's against Brazil or Argentina.
Brazil plays tomorrow, so that means Elder Manis is staying inside. They will be playing against South Korea, so make sure you watch the game for me. Look out for Robinho, Number 11. He will probably do some crazy stuff with the ball and will just tear it up.
It's funny being that it's the Cup of the World. All we did today was play football [soccer], so I'm tired as poo. But even for being American, I guess I can keep my own. I like to "pedalar"[cycle - step over], look it up on Youtube. Robinho pedalando [step overs], that's what I like to do.
As for the work, it's going...great. I figured that the World Cup would be tough on the work, so I figured it would be a good chance for me to show Heavenly Father the kind of worker I really am. By that, I mean, we are sacrificing a lot. One thing interesting is that the world will always look for the easy way out or as people say "Just do this, it's OK - nobody cares" But we learn that the natural man is an enemy to God, ever since the fall of Adam. It's funny, I read this scripture {Mosiah 3:19} and stopped and thought.... I am an enemy to God?..... I learned that through sacrifice we shed off that natural man, and submit to the will of the Father. A man of great faith I will become. When Adam built that alter and when he was asked; "What are you doing? He simply said; "I don't know, but my Father commanded me." Some of the things that we have to do aren't easy or fun or what the "world" says we should do. But that is exactly why we are enemy's of God. We need to obey, we need to obey with exactness. When Nephi broke his bow what did everyone do? They cried, they murmured, even Lehi the prophet. But what did Nephi do? He stood up, shed off that natural man and made himself a bow and some arrows and asked his dad "Where do I have to go to get some grub?"
Stand up, be outside the world, and you will be surprised at what you can see and what you will learn. I am a testimony of this. I'm not glorifying myself, because we all rise and fall. I have fallen too, but I promise you that the blessings of trying and obeying are worth it. :)
Love you all,
Elder Manis



No comments:
Post a Comment