BRAZIL RUMO
Well, I'll just go down the list and answer your questions,
First off, soccer is amazingly cool. I guess I have just learned to love it.
Ya, it's been a little rough getting some people to listen to you when there are soccer games on TV all day long, but it's been great but a little crazy. Like yesterday, Brazil jogou contra Costa Do Marfim,[played the Ivory Coast] Brazil won, it was so crazy! We are just locked in our house and then you hear the entire country of Brazil scream! It's a nuts! Words can't describe it. It seriously sounds like a jet engine it's so loud. I have seen a few fights in he street and stuff, but nothing this crazy.
But this week we had the baptism of Ryckar. He is a teenager that we have been teaching for quite a while. He was a reference of a member in the ward. We had always tried to mark a date for baptism with him and he always went soft and just kinda found his way out of it. But one thing that we always said was "keep praying" and he did. And Monday we encountered him on the street and he basically said "Ya, I want to be baptised now." It's amazing to see how the Spirit works and answers our prayers. There is a scripture that says "Eu, o Senhor, estou obrigado quando você faz o que eu digo, mas quando não fazeis o que eu digo, não tendes promessa."
that basically says "I the Lord am bound when you do what I say, but when you don't obey, when you call I won't hear."
That also ties into the story that mom sent me about obedience.
Jesus Cristo was our best example. What did he do? Everything that his Father asked, even until giving up his life. Do you think that in the pre-existence when Jesus Cristo showed us the plan he said; Father, send me and maybe I'll atone for all the sins of the world so that your children can come back if they repent.
No
He said; send me, and I will keep thy commandments, so that every child can have the opportunity to come back.
If Jesus Christ wasn't obedient, would we even have the chance to live with our Heavenly Father again?
One thing that I have learned on my mission, is that we have to do all the things that God asks of us. haha and ya, I'll tell ya it's hard. President actually talked about this the other day,he said;
"How would it be in the day of "judgement" if we came up to the throne of God and said, "Oh well, I was almost obedient to all of your commandments." What he said really stuck with me, and just made me step back and look at my life to see where I can improve. I have a lot to improve on. But it's always good to show God that your doing your part so that he can do His part.
This week to come we should have another baptism. One of the daughters of a part-member family is wanting to be baptised. She would have been baptised this past week but the street where she lives gets really crazy during the games of Brazil so she and her family traveled.
It's crazy to see that it's Fathers Day again. I'm sending him a letter today but it's going to take forever to get there. It's good to hear that Wyatt is sticking up for his homeys.
Things are going great here. Transfers are tomorrow and I'm hoping that I don't go, but stay here for 3 more months. I feel like I have a lot I still have to do here. But let's see.
Brazil rocks, I love soccer.
Love you guys,
Zack



No comments:
Post a Comment