Oi Familia,
I guess it's about that time again. Just about one year ago I was going to be getting on a plane and heading for Sao Paulo :( sad at how fast things fly by. It's so funny because that's how I remember home. 85 degrees and getting ready to leave.
But it's all good.
This week was 110% better than last week. We still encountered 3 Bible bashers in one day but that is just a sign that the world is almost coming to an end. haha
After last week I was pretty down in the dumps, not gonna lie, or the "fundo da possa" as they say down here. Just a hard week and no real results. But I really prayed and really relied on the Lord to provide some results. Later last P-day night we found a family of 10 people. They were just crying to be baptized. It was amazing. We were teaching about baptism and they said the golden question, "Quando eu posso entrar nas aguas do batismo." Meaning, "When can I be baptized?" It was amazing. So we have 15 baptisms marked for the 2 of May. Some of them have a
few setbacks. The mom smokes and one of the teenagers drinks some times, but it's nothing that the Lord can't change. So Sunday came around and we had 15 investigators in the church. We had 2 rows of investigators. Good ones that are really interested. I'm really looking forward to progressing with them, and to see what the Lord has in store for them. They are so good. I love this family, they are a close knit family which is hard to find here in Brazil. We also found another family of three that are going to get a date for the 2nd as well.
It's amazing to see how the Gospel blesses families. :)
This week was a good week, just a good long week of work that all paid off in the end. We had 2 baptisms this week. I didn't have my camera to take pictures, but I'll find some.
They are 2 little kids from part member and less active families. It's always good to see a little 8 year old happy. It makes me remember when Uncle Dave baptized me.
I love my mission. It is the best time ever. I really can't explain the feeling of being a representative of Christ. I know this Church is true and that God loves us.
Love you all,
Elder Manis
PS- haha Wyatt you punk. haha You have to pay to go to 2 proms. haha Bummer man,
and no, I have not yet gotten the shoes but I'm sure they are coming.



No comments:
Post a Comment