Monday, April 26, 2010

A great week of work

Ola familia como voces estão, [Hello family how are you]
Well, this week was a great week of work. We lost two days to going to meetings and stuff, but we still managed to have a great week. This up coming week we will have 3 baptisms. They are 3 members out of that big family that we found. They made the choice and are going to be baptized this Sunday. As for the rest of the family they are coming along, but a lot of them have problems with the Word of Wisdom, but they are fighting the temptations.
Almir (35) is one of the people that will be baptized. He is amazing, everything that we teach he applies in his life. He tries to be a great Christ-like example not only for his family but for the people he works with. He is great, I love him and all of the 3 teeth he has in his mouth. :) Laura (17) she too is great. She gets along great with all of the young women in the ward and feels right at home. Lucas (11) he loves the missionaries and he loves his primary class with all of his new friends.
This week my prayers have been being answered. We are finding more and more families that are interested in the Church. For example, we found a family of 7 people and 6 of them are boys. They are ages 22, 16, 14, 13, and 12, years of age. haha They are really interested in the Church and baptism. But we just barely found them, so we haven't marked a date with them. haha I was just thinking, dang, that mom is going to suffer when her boys all go on missions. haha She will have 2 or 3 out at the same time.
But things are really starting to pick up. When I got here the ward was dead and no one wanted to help. So my answer to that was, fast, faith and hard work. In doing so, the members started to see that we are doing our part and then they started to get more and more involved and help out.
It's good to hear that you are reading the Book of Mormon again. I love that book, it has changed my life.
There is a scripture that I love, I'm not sure what it is in English but it's
“E agora, eis que vos pergunto, meus irmãos da igreja: Haveis nascido espiritualmente de Deus? Haveis recebido sua imagem em vosso semblante? Haveis experimentado esta poderosa mudança em vosso coração?” (Alma 5:14)
(translation)
And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
I think that's what it says... Family, I have felt the powerful change in my heart. I have realized the importance of every little detail in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This Gospel means so much to me and I love being a missionary sharing it to everyone that wants to hear it or not.
Keep reading the Book of Mormon, really open your heart and let your spirit read it. You'll get much more out of it.

Wyatt, Hannah you are great examples and I love you guys.
Dad get baptized so we can have and eternal family and have this perfect joy forever. Wyatt has the priesthood and will be more than happy to baptize you.
Love you guys,
Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA