This week has gone by so fast, I can't believe it. My companion just says to get used to it because it doesn't slow down. It was good to hear about your trip to California, and Hannah suck it up and talk to your mom, haha she loves ya haha.
Well, this week we have been greatly blessed for our work. I'm not dreaming in Portuguese yet, I'm so tired at the end of the day I pass out. We walk about 30 miles a day and its all hills. I don't mind the walking, but my knees do. Ha Ha But back to what I said. We have been greatly blessed this week, we have taught some awesome lessons and I starting to break out of my shy shell... just starting to talk to people and all that I figured, the only way I'm going to learn is by messing up.
But any way, we are teaching this man named Iraner and his daughter Jessica. The first lesson we taught was The Restoration and this past lesson was just a follow up to see how his studies and prayers went, when we asked him [how it went] he started to cry and said that he new in his heart and in his mind that this is the true Gospel and that he needs to be baptized. I couldn't really understand everything he said the accents down here are so hard to pick up. But I could feel it. So I asked him, "So will you be baptized on the 29th of August?" and he said "Concerteza" meaning "Certainly". It's such a good feeling when you bring someone to Christ it's worth a thousand doors being slammed in your face.
Also, another thing that happened was we had an appointment that didn't follow through...you can't really count on Brazilians so I decided to clap the next door (we clap instead of knock down here) and an older man let us in. We gave him the first lesson, and he basically said "Sweet when can I be baptized?" One thing I have found out is that the Lord works in mysterious ways, and He puts you in places for a reason.
Another random thing, every one says I look like the actor Christian Bale, Ha Ha. I have even given a few autographs, Ha Ha The people down here are crazy, if you are American you're famous. Also, a funny story. We where walking in a rural street in a ghetto area and we clapped this door. We heard a flush sound and poo flew out the side of the house. Luckily we weren't in the way! Ha Ha I was laughing sooo hard! All Elder Hale said was"Welcome to Brazil". Last P-day was so fun, I got to go to Vitoria and play soccer on the beach with my sone. It's so cool I'll send some pictures, and we just walk around to all the little vendors it's so fun I'm starting to gain a bigger love for this work and it grows every day.
I love you guys.
Stay safe, I pray for you every night and morning.
Peace,
Elder Manis
I love you guys.
Stay safe, I pray for you every night and morning.
Peace,
Elder Manis



Too cute. Maybe Zack will finally figure out how good looking he is!
ReplyDelete