Oí Familia
Como vaí, esta bem
This week was a great week, on Friday Elder Snyder and I went street contacting again. This time we went to down town Sao Paulo, it was CRAZY! Sao Paulo is the 2nd biggest city in the world, so you can just imagine how many people are walking around. Its like New York on steroids. Millions and millions of people. It was crazy to also see such poverty too, you have no idea. There is a store that sells 4000 dollar suits, and a homeless man sleeping on the side walk right out side. There was hundreds of them, they just lay down and fall asleep. It's scary because they look like they are dead. It made me appreciate my home and the things I have.
What's worse than the homeless people are the girls... When I was walking through the people one hand was on my shirt pocket so my wallet wouldn't get stolen, and my other hand was on my butt. I guess an American guy down here is like gold. They would just walk up to me and pinch my butt and stuff like that. I don't know why they wouldn't do it to Elder Snyder [though], Ha Ha He got a kick out of it.
OK now to the good stuff. When we started we had 7 Books of Mormon to place. We handed them all out within 20 min. One guy I handed it to in Central Park actually thanked me for sharing this message with him. We walked by that same park 30 min. later and we saw him reading it. It's the best feeling in the world when you know you can bless someone's life so much just by giving them a book. They love that it is for free too.
Well, me and Elder Snyder got done pretty quick so we decided to just talk to people. One older man we were talking to asked us how long we had been in Brazil. We answered.. "8 weeks", he grabbed his head, shook it and put his hands to the sky and said; "There is a God!" Ha Ha I thought that was pretty funny. It made me realize how much I have learned in this short time, and there is no way I could have done it without the Spirit. 3 years of Spanish in highschool doesn't even compare.
Other than that, we all are getting excited to get to the field next week. I leave at about 6 in the morning next week. Then I'm going to be a missionary-missionary.
I love you all,
Elder Manis
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Elder Manis
- Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA



No comments:
Post a Comment