Mom I just used my card today I bought scriptures here so I don't need the quad. That sucks big time that you guys didn't get to go to the cabin this year. That just doesn't make it the 4th of July.
Well this week has gone by soooo fast its crazy. My language [Portuguese] is coming on great. I can talk to anyone now and not sound like a crazy person.
This week Elder Snyder and I got to go street contacting. It was way fun. The first guy we walked up to was flying a kite with his little boy. I basically was bold, and I said; "There is a restored gospel on this earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith, and through this gospel families can be together." And the little boy (about 5) said; "SIEMPRE" (meaning Forever) and I said; Por todos Eternadade, (all eternity)... The man was so happy, and he took the book [Book of Mormon] and promised that he would read the book.
It's an amazing feeling when you can bless someones life so much just by giving them a book, and its FREE! The people are nice here. Ha Ha You just have to know where to find them. :) The Lord will take you to them, all you've got to do is ask Him to help you out.
Well, other than that nothing to exciting has happened here. I only have 3 weeks left [in the CTM]... kinda scary... but I'll be fine.
Oh, funny story. The director for all the MTC's came here to Brazil this week. Elder Mills is his name. He caught a [stomach] bug and got the runs. Ha Ha Ha So during the fireside that he was giving he would have to get up and walk to the bathroom. It was funny. But I felt bad for the guy. Ha Ha.
My testimony has grown sooo much. I have said it a million times but you can be so surprised what you can accomplish when you have the Spirit with you.
I love ya guys,
I love ya guys,
Elder Manis



No comments:
Post a Comment