Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Little Rough

Well, things are just going fine and dandy here in Rio de Janiero. It's getting pretty hot and I'm getting pretty tan again, tan enough that President called me a Africano, haha, but it's all good.
In the Zone Council we learned a lot about the Spirit and how He works. How we need to work with Him. It's amazing to see how much He guides us when we sit and listen. I asked President [Pickett] to give me a blessing after the Zone Council and that he did. Man, it was almost better than my Patriarchal blessing. The man is prophetic. haha He talked about everything, my future kids, wife, Mom and Dad, everything that's going to happen to me in the Church and Ya, it was amazing. I love President Pickett. He instructed me that every night before I sleep to write in my journal and to ponder and pray to recognize how the Spirit has guided me during my day. It's amazing, like I said, to just sit and think and ponder about all the stuff that has happened through out the day and to realize how the Spirit works with us and sometimes we don't even realize it. But I'm grateful to ser um [be a] missionary and to be able to be so close to my Pai Celestial [Heavenly Father]. It's amazing to see His love and how He guides us, because this is His work.
This week was a little rough for us. We taught 37 lessons but only 3 investigators in the chapel. So we realized that things need to change, and quick. Not only in my area but in the zone. It's kinda sad here in Rio. The Church is so different. The classes and arguments on who knows deeper doctrine and talking bad about other churches. So we have taken a big step into changing things. I bore my testimony and when I looked out at the people, all I saw was old people paying attention and everyone else talking. So all I said was that the Church is true and then Amen. I lost my patience with the ward at that point, and the bishop as well. It's just sad to see how people are just not all there and they just don't care to have the Spirit in the meeting. But one thing cool is that I saw my former baptisms from the last time I passed in Rio. They are all firm [in the Gospel] and one of them is the secretary in the ward and conducts the meetings and everything. He is Wilson, that guy that smoked for 40 years. He now is the firmest member in his ward. It's great to see their smiling faces and tears in their eyes. Thanking me for bringing the blessings of the Gospel into their lives. It makes me happy. It makes me feel like I'm actually doing my job, and that God is accepting my mission. I told Elder Francisco; "Man, I can just go home now." haha I'm just so happy to see that they are firm in the Church. It's amazing to work in this great Church, to see the blessings and how He changes the lives of those that let Him. I love this work.
Our investigator Renato, the one that got shot 5 times, was interviewed and he failed because he smoked. So we whipped him around and I'm thinking he will be baptized on the 19th.
I got the package!!! Finally! {the package was sent 7 months ago} The Easy Mac went in one day. But the other stuff is great. I got my glasses. haha It's so funny because it's like seeing in HD. Everything is so clear. haha
I'll send some pic's.
Sorry but I gots to go.
I love you guys and I want you to know that this is the true church.
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA