Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Love Brazil

Well, this week was a lot better for the zone. We had some baptisms and the Elders are starting to wake up a little bit more, so that's good. Random, but I found out that in Octubro an Apostle is coming to visit our mission, so that's going to be awesome!! I have never seen an Apostle [in person] so I'm excited to see how this goes.
As for the glasses, I went to the doctor this morning and I'll be picking up the glasses at 4 this afternoon. So nerd Elder Manis is going to be walking around soon.
As for me and Elder Francisco, this week was a little slow. We taught 34 lessons but only brought 1 person to church. That was a big bummer and I wish things would have gotten a little better to close the week out. But oh well, that's part of missionary work. You do all you can and it doesn't work. So you gotta change how you look at things and take work from a different angle, then see where that's gonna take ya.
Tomorrow I have a meeting with President Pickett, all the way in Vitoria. It's a bus ride at 2 in the morning for us. haha But it's gonna be a great meeting.
I finished the Book of Mormon again (in Portuguese). At the end, I cried and realized how much I love the scriptures in Portuguese. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to learn this great language and share the Gospel in it.
Last Tuesday, I went on a division (split) in a city called Itaperuna. It's about 4 hours outside of Campos. On the way home I cried again. Ya, Elder Manis is a wimp now. haha I cried, because on the way home it's nothing but mountains and green rolling hills. hahah I don't wanna get all gay, but I love the country of Brazil. Brazil has made me who I am and will be for the rest of my life and it's something that I will never forget and always remember. I just wish sometimes I could leave and just walk around, but I can't. haha Ya, I love Brazil and I'm grateful for this great country and what he has done to help me.
Here in Brazil, I have learned that I have a Heavenly Father and he loves me. I have learned the eternal purposes of all things and I have learned that the Church is true. Serving here in Brazil, is something that I will never forget or trade. I know I was called here by our Lord. I thank Him everyday for being called here.
It's great to hear that the ward back at home is doing good. After the ward split, I don't know who anyone is and ya, I got your letters, but no package still.
Sorry the e-mails have been short these days. I have had to spend a lot of time sending things to President Pickett.
But know that this Church is true and that I love ya all :)]
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA