Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This Church Makes Sense

ola familia dexe me te-dizer que eu so grato por voces e as coisas voces fazem em minha vida :)
(Hi family, let me just say I'm thankful for you and all you do for me)
Well, this week was an alright week. It wasn't an amazing week, but it was a good week. Elder Cabral is doing great. He and I have had some good talks, and we both have realized that the mission is a little tiring but that's when you gotta work the hardest. Heavenly Father sees everything that we do and Satan as well, so we gotta be extra careful and make sure we are always on His side and never give up.

Well, this week we had another baptism. It was Ian the son of Rosangela. We just completed the family. He was really scared to get baptized, but I left a good message with him. I basically said; "Don't be afraid to do the right things." And he wasn't, and was baptised. It's really amazing to see the Gospel bless this family. To see where they were in the dark all alone and suffering, to seeing them smiling and happy in the church. Knowing and seeing that makes my testimony more strong every day. Just seeing how the Lord works. All I have to say is THIS CHURCH MAKES SENSE. Everything in the Gospel of Jesus Christ makes sense and is here to bless us. The fact that we have a living prophet and 12 apostles is enough to prove that out church is true. And it's amazing to be a servant of the true church :).
Well, about our investigators; they are going good we have Ingrid she will be baptised on the 31st. She is a sister of one of our baptisms, she is really shy and is a little afraid about baptism but she is working a lot with faith and we can see it growing. We also have Tamára she as well will be baptised on the 31 and she too is a little wobbly about baptism but it's nothing that will hold her back. That's about the only people that we have with baptism dates this week. President is doing great, I see him this week. He is such a rad guy, he knows everything that you could ever imagine, and he helps you out a lot. As for the food, nothing too interesting lately. Just rice and beans and sometimes some FARINHA. It's basically saw dust you put on your food. I don't know why I eat it. It's not even tasty but it's one more thing to eat. The weather has been crazy these days, It's always sunny and hot, but when 5 o'clock comes around, the clouds swell and from 5 'till 5 in the morning it's a good hard rain with lots of lightning. So it's always funny because I have to hand wash all my clothes and I'm always afraid to hang them up to dry because of the rain at night.
We live in an apartment about the size of a bathroom. It's seriously the smallest thing ever, and it gets dirty really fast. It's always leaking, so one day I'm a plumber and the next I'm laying tile, and the next a carpenter fixing chairs. haha I guess you could say that I'm learning a butt load about the Gospel, and home skills in this house.
I bought a George Foreman grill this week "HHHHHAAAAALLLLEEEELLLLUUUUAAaAA". So I have been cooking it up to the max. Well, not really, just grilled egg muffins but still it's great I love it.
Well, that's about all for me. Things are just in the works and the results are coming.
Stay good family, know that I love everyone of you and that I pray for you every day,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA