Ola Familia,
Well Mom, about the banking stuff we only get about 45 American bucks per month, so ya, I just would like to eat a little bit more that what I'm taking in.
Just like you guys, my week was a blurr. The days just keep going by faster and faster and don't seem to be slowing down. It's all good. This week was a little slow because Elder Cabral went to the dentist and that took forever. He has bruxismo. That's when you grind your teeth at night. haha It's seriously like he is chewing rocks. haha It's crazy. So he got a nifty mouth piece to sport when he hits the hay. We also had a leadership training meeting so that too took a little while. But this week Elder Cabral and I had a good talk. I told him how he needed to work more, and then he told me that I needed to teach better and stuff. So we both came to the conclusion that we both had some things that we needed to improve on. But it was a good talk, I just hope his eyes are opened because if he stays like this forever his mission is gonna suck.
This week was a great week for our investigators. I learned a lot about the Atonement.
We have an investigator Tamára, she has been an investigator for a little while now, and she always had something holding her back [from baptism]. We taught her about the Atonement and that how God forgets the bad things we have done if we repent. It was really awesome, because that night she called me and told me what was holding her back. It was really awesome to see how the Atonement really opens the minds of people. She told me what it was and she was crying and said that she wants God to forget this, and be accepted to be baptised. I know that sounds like a watered down kids version. But I just felt so honored that she would have trusted me enough to tell me what it was. It was just amazing to see the promises of the Lord working in her life. She and Ingrid our other baptism were interviewed yesterday and they will be baptised on Sunday.
Yesterday I did a baptismal interview, it was a Dad of a part-member family that decided to finally be baptised. (Like when Dad gets baptised) Well, at the end of the interview I asked him what it was that made him decided to be baptised all of a sudden. He said that he was always scared that he wouldn't be able to accomplish his duty as a Priesthood leader. But then he realized that following the example of Jesus Christ and being baptised, that he would be blessed and helped in all things. And that promise was to good to pass up. I just can't wait 'til Dad gets baptised. So we can have an eternal family. :) The man helped me out more than I helped him. haha It was good to talk to him.
Transfers are coming up. I think it's the 3rd, and I think I'm going to be transferred. 4 transfers in one area are a lot. But if I stay I'm fine with that. haha
If there is one thing that I have learned on the mission it's just shut up and do God's will. If He wants me to stay I'll stay and if He wants me to go I'll go. :)
I love this Gospel and know that it is true. I started reading 3rd Nephi this week and its amazing to see how Christ works, and the blessing He promises if we do what is asked of us. :)
Love you guys,
and until now still no package :(
Elder Manis
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Elder Manis
- Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA



No comments:
Post a Comment