Hi Familia tufo bem com vocês,
Well first off I just completely forgot it was my birthday. I knew it was coming up, but this past week we have been working our tails off and it just slipped my mind. Mom, about the food. Ya, they have that stuff where the dude comes to your table and cuts the meet off. Its called churrasco (chuhhasco in English). It's pretty much the mark of Brazil but I have never had it because its costs a bunch of money. But ya, I'm sure it's good.
It's crazy to think that it's Spring Break. I remember Spring Break and then coming to Sao Paulo, it passes by so fast. It's kinda sad :(
But this week was a good week. Just one of my first weeks where I completely trusted in the Lord, that everything would turn out good. And yup, we was blessed.
Last week we found a lot of new people and marked a lot of dates for baptism. But almost all of them found us in the street and just said; "Ya, I have been thinking about this and I'm not going to be baptized this week." So that's what the beginning of the week was like. Just a little rough. But then I basically said; "Pai celestial, vamos contuniar lutando" [Heavenly Father, lets keep fighting.] and we were blessed in the latter end of the week. We found some great people that are really smart but they have an open heart. This is the best because they are wanting to learn and progress. They feel that this stuff is important and maybe they should listen. We brought them to church and there was just big smiles all around. They participated in everything and they said; "This church is amazing, you guys actually explain the doctrine... you don't yell it." ( I wish you could see some of the churches down here and what they do in the name of Christ.) They really felt the Spirit, it was amazing.
Well I'm doing fine, and looking forward to a big cup of chocolate milk for my birthday or maybe I'll go crazy and buy a box of cereal. :)
Love you guys,
Elder Manis



No comments:
Post a Comment