Monday, February 8, 2010

Carnival

Hey Family,
Well, to answer the questions: Vitoria is great. Carnival in happening right now, so that's a little crazy. It's not violent or anything but it's just a bunch of naked ladies dancing. So that's a little weird. We missionaries have to come in the house at 7:00 pm. The crazy schedule has thrown me off a little bit.
My new area is great. We are finding a lot of great people. President said I should plan on staying here for a little while so that's a good thing. I'm working really hard to gain the confidence of the members here, so it's going to be good to stay put for a while. It stinks being transferred, all that packing and unpacking just isn't fun.
We are encountering a lot of great people and we have 3 dates of baptism marked for the 28th of February. They are progressing really well. But I'll write more about them in the week to come.
Other good news - Wilson, that man that I taught in Rio. He stopped smoking and he was baptized, and he is going to receive the Priesthood here soon. :) I'm so happy for him.
Mom, the one thing I wish I could do so bad is go to the temple. It's something that I have learned to miss. I do miss it so much. Just being able to go there and feel the peace and think. It's the best. My advice to Brighton, just go and go a lot. Just go and think while you are there. Just go and ask some questions. It's amazing.
Well, things here in Vitoria are really different than where I was. No one has said anything to me about being American, so that's great.
It's so crazy to hear that Hannah is 13. Dang girl, that's crazy. Happy Birthday! I sent a letter and I hope you got it. I sent one to Dad too, so I hope you'll get them soon.
As for packages; the mission office is in my area. :) So I can go there any day of the week and check my mail. So keep the letters and the packages coming. And more Photos of everything - me and football and the house, the dogs, all that jazz. Maybe some new ties. I get real bored of looking at the same ones all the time. .
I hope all is going well. I have been thinking about you guys a lot these past few days. (I'm not trunky) Just thinking about you guys. Know that I love you and know that I'm working hard.
I live in the same house with the Zone Leaders. So I hear all about the zone. We are having a little bit of a dry spell. So if you guys could include my zone in your prayers, that would be great. I don't wanna brag or get all gun hoe on you guys. But Elder Valariano and I have some of the best numbers in the zone. :) We do work, :) we have better numbers that the Assistants. haha
So ya, know I'm working hard and that I love you.
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA