Well I have a lot to say and I don't have much time to say it but I'll try.
I got transferred again, now I'm back in Espirito Santo, it's the city of Villia Velha, in the area of Terra Vermelha. It's pretty much the bomb! My new companion is Elder Campos, a skinny, shy kid from Brazilia. We are co-seniors, he was companions with Elder Adriano before I was and now I'm companions with him, he is cool.
Well, our area is basically beach houses and little ghettos, not to mention that our house is on the beach. haha I didn't think that President would buy a house for the missionaries on the beach, but it's cool. It's always breezy and you can always hear the waves crashing, it's great. This morning we went out on the rocks and caught crabs and slugs and all kinds of crazy Brazilian fish, it was cool. I'll e-mail some photos next week.
Our area is pretty gnarly though. In one day I saw more dead bodies in the street than I taught lessons. But don't worry, they don't mess with the missionaries. It's cool, the gangsters sent a messenger out on the streets before a shootout, telling all the kids to get in their houses and they tell us too. We are just like, "Well, thanks." But it's all good.
We had 3 baptisms this past week. It was a family that the missionaries before us were teaching, so we just showed up and baptized them. We have, I think 4 or 5 more coming up.
This area is cool, it's really relaxed, everyone likes you and wants to help you. The funny thing is that everyone just walks around in their swimsuits all day. I'm talking everyone is in Speedo's and ya, it's funny. But the branch here is really focused on missionary work and wanting to help with everything in whatever way they can. It's amazing to have a branch like this. It just makes work so much easier. Well, lately I have been thinking how crazy a mission is. Like for reals, I eat at random peoples houses, I talk to everyone in the street about Jesus Christ, I study the scriptures everyday and I feel the Spirit everyday. It's crazy, but I love it and I wouldn't change it for the world. :)
That's about it for my new area. We just got here so I don't have any big big news yet, but I'm working on it.
PS- Look it up on Google maps
Villia Velha (Terra Vermelha)
Love Ya,
Elder Manis
This area is cool, it's really relaxed, everyone likes you and wants to help you. The funny thing is that everyone just walks around in their swimsuits all day. I'm talking everyone is in Speedo's and ya, it's funny. But the branch here is really focused on missionary work and wanting to help with everything in whatever way they can. It's amazing to have a branch like this. It just makes work so much easier. Well, lately I have been thinking how crazy a mission is. Like for reals, I eat at random peoples houses, I talk to everyone in the street about Jesus Christ, I study the scriptures everyday and I feel the Spirit everyday. It's crazy, but I love it and I wouldn't change it for the world. :)
That's about it for my new area. We just got here so I don't have any big big news yet, but I'm working on it.
PS- Look it up on Google maps
Villia Velha (Terra Vermelha)
Love Ya,
Elder Manis



No comments:
Post a Comment