Friday, April 15, 2011

General Conference

Oi Familia,
This week was a good but stressful week. A lot of good things are happening but a lot of other things are happening as well. I didn't get transferred and neither did Elder Pinhiero. So yup, this is going to be my last area and this is going to be my last companion. I have done a lot of thinking this week because I have had a lot of mixed feelings about all the stuff that will be happening soon. But I decided to lay everything down on the line and give it everything I've got. That's why Heavenly Father calls it "enduring to the end" It's not skip and sing to the end, it's give it all you've got. Lay your life down and give it all you've got.
I can easily say that I think that God will judge me on behalf of this last transfer, so I am going to give it all I can. The last transfer of a mission shows you what kind of a missionary you are. So I'm giving it all I have, and all I can offer too. I can go so far as to say I want to fulfill all that I'm sent to do so I can "return to God's presence after this life."
I guess if you want, we can talk about what's going to happen because it's going to happen. But just know that I'm trying to give it my all.

This week was good. We had some good people at General Conference and that always helps people realize that we have a living prophet. Sirlandia and Jamilson where interviewed and passed so we can and should have baptisms coming up here in a little bit, hopefully this Saturday.

I loved General Conference. I especially loved David A. Bednar's talk about revelation. Any talk that helps you realize how to better receive communication from the Lord is worth listening to. I have learned a lot about revelation on my mission, but always it's good to know how things work. They also talked a lot about love in the family and tithing, so we can see that it is really important that we live ALL the commandments and not just a few.
It's like you said, things are short and sweet this week.

I love you guys and I want you to know that this is the true church of God.
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA