Friday, April 15, 2011

Away From Me Satan


Aaste de mim SatanĂ¡s (Away from me Satan)

Man, this week was a brutal week. Just in every way possible. It was a good that we had the baptism of Sirlandia. She has had some problems in the past few weeks, in deciding whether or not to be baptized. Her husband got cold feet too, but seeing the baptism of his wife opened his eyes. So I think we are going to baptize him the 24th. It's was amazing to see Sirlandia make the decision to be baptized. Basically we just left it all in the hands of the Lord and trusted that everything would work out and it did. :)
As a missionary one of the things that we tell people in the last week before baptism is that Satan is going to try and do everything he can to break you so you won't be able to be baptized. We say that "you're going on the most wanted list of Satan."
Along with that, I can say the same thing about the last 5 weeks of a missionary's mission. I've got Satan and all of his demons on my back. It's not that I'm being tempted or anything like that, but I can just see him working so hard on the people we teach. Even those we talk to in the street. I have never gotten home this spiritually and physically drained in my life. Man, like last night I just slept in my get up. Shirt, tie, everything, even my shoes. I didn't wake up until this morning. But it's good to see that Satan will always lose. It's amazing to see the miracles that are happening in our work too. People just showing up at church and asking to be taught. Elder Manis doesn't clap doors anymore. I'm just being guided by the Spirit. haha We have an amazingly large number of good things that are happening, so Satan is working extra hard. But everything is good with me.

I found out this morning that another one of my baptisms is getting their papers filled out to serve a mission. She is Tamara from Andre Carloni. It's the most bestest feeling in the world to know that you actually helped the church grow. :) She will baptize the world.
Family, I'm sorry but I'm mega tired. I think this p-day I'll just sleep. But know that I love you and I'll see you guys in 5 weeks.
Love ya,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA