Monday, August 9, 2010

Leaving Andre Carloni

Well, things are going swell,
Yup, I got transferred and yup, I'm back in Rio. It's funny to be basically back in the same city but I'm in a different area. This time I'm a Zone Leader with Elder Brito. It's funny because we both have juniors, so we, as the Zone Leaders don't even work together. But it's all good. My companion is Elder Francisco. He is the funniest and craziest comp' I have ever had. It's funny because he is 26 years old and only has 3 years in the Church so everything is new to him still. I love the Elders that have been baptized recently. Their testimony is stronger than anything. He is from Rondonia. It's a tiny tiny state by Amazonas but he lived in Spain for the past 5 years and that's where he learned about the Church. He said whenever I want to go to Barcelona I've got a house to stay at. :) He is really cool and I love this kid. Being a ZL isn't much different that being a Senior Companion you just have to be an example for the whole zone. So that's a little nerve racking, but it's amazing because you work without fear. It's like you have received an injection of love for the missionary work. So ya, all is good. The zone is suffering a little bit. There hasn't been much success here for a while, so it's our job to straighten up the zone.

Well, leaving my last area was so hard. I'm not going to lie, I cried and cried like a baby. I think it was harder to say goodbye to the members and to the people I have baptised there than saying goodbye to you guys in the airport. It was so hard. You just get to see how grateful the people are for you and the work you did to help them. So ya, it was hard. :( Elder Cabral cried in the bus station. So that was hard. We had a little talk and he said that I helped him out like crazy, and that his mission will never be the same. So that was rough as well. But I let him know that the secret to missionary work is hard work. He agreed. He is a good guy and he is a great missionary, it just took a little shake to wake him up.

As for me in my new area, we are doing great. We had 7 investigators in the chapel and we have 3 baptism dates for the 22nd. We will see how the things play out here in the next few weeks. I'm still a little lost walking around and getting lost sucks. But it's all part of the work.
We live in a house that is the size of an airplane bathroom. We live as 6 missionaries together, so it's super cramped. haha I got the short stick and I have to sleep on the ground. But it's all good. Faz parte
I'm doing great. I love the missionaries that live with me and love my new area. I know I'm going to have a lot of fun here workin' hard. :)
That's so crazy to here that summer is already over and that everyone is going back to school. haha That's way crazy, just make the best of it. :)
Love you guys,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA