Well it's P-Day again, it seems like yesterda
First off, we've got Brazilian roommates. I can't even say their names so I'm not going to try[to spell them]. They are serving in the Sao Paulo Sul Missâo. They are funny. It's crazy because they don't speak any English at all, so I always ask them crazy stuff like "Have you ever punched a midget in the face?" or "Have you ever eaten a cat with cheese on it?" its funny, Ha Ha, they don't know anything. I taught one of them how to say "I'm a Gangsta." and "I'm a Play-ya". But they help me with my Portuguese a ton. One of the Brazilian Elders snores so bad he keeps me up all night. And they smell soooooooo bad it's like wet hay or a turd covered in burnt hair, its nasty (Ha Ha). But they are here for the same reason I am, so we get along great.
This week we learned how to teach the first lesson in Portuguese, at first it was tough but the words are now flowing. Next week we start street contacting. I'm nervous but at the same time excited.
Hmmm, what else.
Oh well, on Sunday me and Elder Snyder where way bored. So we were like, what can we do? We were all studied out and we needed some fun. So....I was like..... Well, we are on the 6th floor.... lets make paper airplanes and see how far we can fly them out the window. Some made is so far it was amazing. But 3 landed right in the street in front of the CTM. So that night we get called into the Presidents office..... the planes are on his desk and he says; "What are these?" We were too scared to talk. Then he yells; "What were you thinking!" Again, we were so scared. Then he went on and said, "You guys can't make a paper airplane to save your life. Let me show you how its done." So after I cleaned the poop out of my pants... Ha Ha just kidding.... He made one and took us up to the sixth floor and threw it out [the window] it seriously went a mile. Then he looked at us and said; "Don't do it again." So ya, we were let off the hook. He is so chill.
Another thing, I invented here is tie fishing. We tie 2 of our ties together and lower it down to the floor below us and they fill one tie up with candy and we pull it up and there you go, candy. We fished our cameras down too. I'll send you a picture. Everything here is going great. The days are long but they go by so fast, thanks for the letters that is the best part of the day, for real. I hope everything at home is going great. Havasupi must have been pretty cool, and Hannah have you gone to nationals yet? Mom how is my pool doing? and Dad how have you been? Thanks for the prayers everyone. The pictures I sent you are out of my window and and me and Elder Snyder,
I love you all,
Elder Manis
I love you all,
Elder Manis



Sounds like he's having fun. I can't believe how cool his mission president is. He's lucky.
ReplyDelete