Well, this week was a big spiritual week for me. I don't know why, there wasn't anything really amazing that happened. But to start the week off we had a fireside and the speaker only spoke Portuguese. Before it all started I said a little prayer, that I would understand what the speaker was saying. And sure enough, I understood every word. It was so amazing, I felt the Spirit like crazy. After the talk we all sang "I believe in Christ". I have never felt the Spirit so strong. We sang it in Portuguese but still the Spirit was so strong. I do believe in Christ eu so que Jesus Cristo é meu salvador e redentor,eu se que a ingraja é verdaderahahah (that's a little Portuguese for ya).
Street contacting was fun this week, but it also was a kick in the teeth. I feel comfortable with the language, enough to where I can understand [the people], but as soon as they ask me something else.... all I do is testify. (Ha Ha) I just need to work hard and it will come with time
Elder Snyder and I are doing great, we are going to buzz our heads tonight... just for fun. Actually he talked me into it. This week makes it one month for me. Crazy, it seems like yesterday I was at home. It really does fly by. I thought I would tell you guys I'm used to the smell of our Brazilieros. (ha ha) I don't know what it was but they reeked for a little while. They even used deodorant. I guess they are just smelly people down here.
We went to the temple again today. It's always good to go there and just get away, and ask some questions, you know..its always so peaceful there. I think my President sent you some pictures of me there.
How is Arizona, I love getting letters from you guys, it means so much to me. I'm sending you guys a letter today, I don't know how long it takes to get to you but its nothing amazing,
Hey Momma there is a Portuguese hard cover quad, on missionties.com its 60 US dollars if you could get that for me that would be amazing , just the black hard cover with my name on it, if not that's OK. Well, I really love you all. Dad I know your mom is looking after me. I know this Church is true, and this work is great.
Keep sending me letters :) I love them
Keep sending me letters :) I love them
Elder Manis



No comments:
Post a Comment