Sunday, May 15, 2011

Why

"Why go to a far away place where you eat fish and rice all day?"
1. Because it's a commandment from God. Yes, comandments like the 10 comandments that God gave to Moses.
2. Because I wanted to. I knew that serving a mission would bless me in many ways.
3. Because I knew that I had no future in football. There was no way on God's green earth that Zack Manis would be an NFL star. Ya it would have been free school but what does that have to do with the fact that I would have a broken body for the rest of my life. I wanna be able to play ball with my kids not just watch them play.
4. Because I have a testimony. Maybe that's something others don't have, but all you have to do to get one is "want one".
5. Because there has been no greater joy than serving a mission, learning a new language that I plan to use in my professional life, and there is no greater joy than being with and around and helping people come to know that this is the true church of God.

There is no way physicaly, or not that I can deny these feelings. It's just like Joseph Smith said;

I know it, and I know that God knows that I know it, and I cannot deny it.

Jamilson was baptised this past week. I have never taught someone who just didn't want to know. Just asked questions, liked to doubt and things, but he lost [the fight] and he came to realize that what he was doing was wrong. He repented and was baptised. I baptised him and after the baptism, still in the water, he gave me a huge hug and thanked me and again asked for forgivness.
You can't deny the truth. Maybe you can't handle the truth. Only you and God know what you are capible of.

The mission has changed my life. I hope you know that,it has been the best thing I have and maybe ever will have achieved.

The Church is true, and there are no if's and's or but's about it.

This is why I walk all day in the sun, getting rejected and even spit upon. This is why I eat fish and rice every day, and do it with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes knowing that here in 2 weeks it's all over. I do it because I love it and that's that.

I love you and I want you to get the big picture. The Church is true.

Love,
Elder Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

Elder Wyatt Matthew Manis Provo Missionary Training Center 2005 N. 900 E Provo, UT 84604 USA